ga('send', 'pageview');

Kano Refutes Retrenchment Rumour

kano-abdullahi-ganduje

By Dipo Olowookere

The Kano State Government has debunked rumour that it plans to lay off some workers on its payroll.

Refuting the speculations on Thursday, Kano State Head of Service, (HOS) Alhaji Awwal Na’iya, said there was no iota of truth in the rumour making the rounds in the state. He therefore urged civil servants in the state to disregard the tale.

ALSO READ  VIDEO: Kano Governor Allegedly Puts Bribe Inside Pocket

Mr Na’iya said the chitchat was the handiwork of those he described as mischief makers, who he said wre not happy with the “tremendous achievements” recorded by the government in last one year.

In a statement signed by the Public Relations Officer in the office of the Head of Service, Mr Mustapha Fagge, the HOS described the “rumour as baseless and unfounded.”

ALSO READ  Aisha Alhassan Not Behind El-Rufai/Chibok Girls Story—APC

He equally dispelled another rumour that the state government had also planned to make table payment for August salary of staff of local governments and SUBEB

“Rather the government has fulfilled its promise to pay workers salary before Eid-el-Kabir as many of them have already received their salary since Friday last week,” he was quoted in the statement to have said.

ALSO READ  Lagos, Kano Seal Economic, Investment Deals

Mr Na’iya was said to have made the clarification when he received the newly elected executive members of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria, Kano state Chapter who paid him a courtesy visit on Thursday.

Related Articles

Dipo Olowookere is a journalist based in Nigeria that has passion for reporting business news stories. At his leisure time, he watches football and supports 3SC of Ibadan.

more recommended stories

%d bloggers like this: