By Modupe Gbadeyanka
No fewer than eight Assistant Comptrollers-General and 238 Deputy Comptrollers have been redeployed by the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS).
The shakeup was approved by the Comptroller-General of Customs, Mr Hameed Ibrahim Ali, in a bid to strengthen operations and reposition the service to meet the challenges of 2017.
The redeployment, which takes immediate effect, also affected spokesman of the NCS, Deputy Comptroller (DC) Wale Adeniyi, who is now posted to Apapa Customs Area Command, Lagos.
All the affected officers have been advised to report at their new Zones and Commands and also charged to ensure maximum collection of revenue and strict implementation of the fiscal policy of government.
The Comptroller-General reiterated Federal Government ban on importation of rice and vehicles through the land borders.
The Assistant Comptrollers-General affected are:
- ACG Charles Edike from Zone A to Human Resource Development (HRD)
- ACG Ahmed Mohammed from HRD to Zone B
- ACG Aminu Dangaladima from Zone B to Enforcement
- ACG Francis Dosumu from Enforcement to Zone D
- ACG Augustine Chidi from Zone D to Excise, Free Trade Zone and Industrial Incentives (Ex, FTZ, & I I)
- ACG Monday Abueh from Ex, FTZ, & I I to Zone A
- ACG Umar Sanusi from HQ to Zone C
- ACG Abdulkadir Azerema from Zone C to HQ.
more recommended stories
Gunmen Assassinate Ex-Defence Chief Alex Badeh
By Dipo OlowookereNigeria’s former Chief of.
Kogi PDP in Crisis as Aidoko Opens Parallel Atiku Campaign Office
All seems not to be too.
EFCC Arraigns Skye Bank Chairman, MD/CEO for N8b Fraud
By Dipo Olowookere A former Chairman.
Uduaghan, Ogboru, Others Dedicate Delta APC Campaign to God
By Modupe Gbadeyanka Immediate-past governor of.