By Dipo Olowookere
According to the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), here’s what to do if you see an accident:
- Remain calm. It can be quite a shock to see a road crash, especially if there are people injured or a lot of vehicles involved.
- If you come across a crash park your car safely out of the way, turn off your engine and turn on your hazards and parking lights.
- Place warning triangle behind the accident to warn other road users
- Call 122/08077690362 and give them as much information as possible. The more information you can give the quicker we can get to the scene and the more help we can give
- Look for markers on the road(sign post,popular junctions/places) or phone’s GPS to give the emergency service the exact location.
- Make sure nobody smokes at the scene in case there is an undetected fuel leak.
- Keep the injured person as still as possible. Talking to a victim can go far in calming the person.
- If help is on the way it is better to wait for the professionals than try to administer first aid or treat injuries unless the emergency operator instructs you to do so. However, if an injury is life threatening and waiting for the emergency services isn’t an option then necessary action should be taken – e.g taking victims to nearest hospital
…Your assistance means alot…let’s do this together
more recommended stories
Li-ion Battery Tech: Alliance Ventures Invests in Enevate
By Modupe Gbadeyanka The strategic venture.
Dangote to Roll Out Commercial Vehicles Soon
By Dipo Olowookere Budding automobile company,.
Lagos VIS Now Revalidates Vehicle Documents on Saturdays
By Dipo Olowookere In order to.
Uber Rolls Out Safety Toolkit for Drivers
By Modupe Gbadeyanka A new safety.