Jobs/Appointments
MultiChoice Nigeria Appoints Kemi Omotosho as CEO
By Adedapo Adesanya
MultiChoice Nigeria has announced a change in its leadership, with Ms Kemi Omotosho emerging as the new chief executive, taking over from Mr John Ugbe, who is set to retire.
The company said the transition, effective this month, follows a structured succession process designed to ensure continuity in leadership and operations.
Mr Ugbe is stepping down after nearly 15 years in the role, a period during which MultiChoice Nigeria navigated shifts in consumer behaviour, technology and regulation within the pay-TV and broader media industry.
Last year, French group Canal+ took over the operations of the South-African broadcasting group and effected some changes management- and content-wise across key markets.
During his tenure, Mr Ugbe oversaw efforts to strengthen the company’s operational framework and position the business to respond to changing market conditions. MultiChoice described his exit as a planned retirement rather than a sudden departure.
Ms Omotosho joins the role with more than two decades of leadership experience spanning media, telecommunications and digital services across Nigeria and other Sub-Saharan African markets.
Within the MultiChoice Group, she has previously served as Executive Head of Customer Value Management in Nigeria and later as Group Executive Head of Customer Value Management for Rest of Africa, a role that involved oversight across more than 50 markets.
She most recently held the position of Regional Director for Southern Africa, where she had full profit and loss responsibility for operations covering seven countries. In her new role, Ms Omotosho will be responsible for overseeing MultiChoice Nigeria’s strategy, day-to-day operations and engagement with regulators, partners and other stakeholders.
Speaking on her appointment, Ms Omotosho said, “It is a privilege to be entrusted with the leadership of MultiChoice Nigeria at this important moment.
“Nigeria remains one of the Group’s most strategic and dynamic markets. I look forward to working with our teams and partners to deepen our relationship with consumers, champion local storytelling and the creative economy as well build a future-ready organisation that delivers sustainable value.”
Jobs/Appointments
Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan Nigeria’s Head of Service as Walson-Jack Retires
By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Mr Abel Olumuyiwa Enitan has been appointed by President Bola Tinubu as the new Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, effective August 27, 2026.
A statement issued by the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Mr Bayo Onanuga, on Wednesday disclosed that Mr Enitan replaces Mrs Didi Esther Walson-Jack, who will retire soon from the Federal Civil Service upon attaining the statutory retirement age of 60.
Mr Tinubu thanked Mrs Walson-Jack for her distinguished service to the nation and for the reforms, impact and innovations witnessed in the civil service during her tenure.
He also wished her a fulfilling and successful life after service and conveyed the nation’s gratitude for her years of dedicated and impactful public service.
As for Mr Enitan, the President charged him to consolidate on the reforms and innovations already underway, deepen professionalism and efficiency across the service, and build a more effective and responsive civil service.
He further urged him to lead a civil service that is professional, merit-driven, accountable, innovative, and responsive to Nigerians’ needs and aspirations.
Mr Enitan, from Osun State, is the most senior Permanent Secretary in the Federal Civil Service. He has served as Permanent Secretary for seven years and seven months, working at the Ministry of Police Affairs, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, and the Office of the Vice President. He is currently the Permanent Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Education.
He brings considerable institutional experience and a deep understanding of how the Federal Civil Service works to his new responsibility.
Mr Enitan was born on December 12, 1966. He had his secondary education at Ajibode Grammar School, Ibadan and the College of Arts and Science, Ile-Ife. He later attended the University of Lagos and graduated in 1988 with a BSc in Finance and Banking. In 2015, he obtained an MSc in Public Policy Analysis from Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
Jobs/Appointments
FTN Cocoa Picks Wale Jubril as Interim Chairman
By Aduragbemi Omiyale
The board of FTN Cocoa Processors Plc has appointed Mr Wale Jubril as its interim chairman following the death of the former occupier of the position, Mr S.O. Oguntimehin, in March 2026.
The appointment of Mr Jubril was decided at the company’s board meeting held in July 2026, a statement from the organisation disclosed.
He will pilot the affairs of the organisation pending the appointment of a substantive chairman, a part of the notice submitted to the Nigerian Exchange (NGX) Limited stated.
The interim chairman of FTN Cocoa is a seasoned banker, chartered stockbroker and corporate executive with over three decades of professional experience spanning banking, capital markets, finance and corporate governance.
The Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State-born financial expert holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Relations from the University of Lagos, obtained in 1988, and three Master’s Degrees from the same institution in Marketing (1993), International Law and Diplomacy (1998), and Economics (1999).
He qualified as an Authorised Dealing Clerk of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1992 and became a chartered stockbroker in the same year. He subsequently built a career in banking and the capital market before joining Paints and Coatings Manufacturers Nigeria Plc in 2009 as Executive Director, Finance. In that capacity, he provided leadership in financial planning, project appraisal, pricing and negotiations, particularly in relation to major oil and gas projects and engagements involving Chevron, NLNG, Total and other industry participants.
Mr Jubril also contributed to the development of the company’s financial sustainability through strategic planning, policy development, departmental restructuring and financial management, and served on the company’s Planning and Policy-Making Committee of the Board.
In 2021, he joined Float Securities Limited, where he currently serves as the chief executive. He has also served as a non-executive director of FTN Cocoa since 2015.
In recognition of his extensive experience in the private and public sectors, he was appointed an independent non-executive director of Gateway Mortgage Bank, a mortgage bank wholly owned by the Ogun State Government, in November 2022.
Jobs/Appointments
Geregu Power Seeks NERC Approval for Mohammed Jaoji as Acting CEO
By Aduragbemi Omiyale
Geregu Power Plc has sought the approval of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) for the appointment of its acting chief executive, Mr Mohammed Sani Jaoji.
Mr Jaoji was selected by the board to lead the affairs of the organisation in an acting capacity with effect from Monday, August 17, 2026.
In a notice to the Nigerian Exchange (NGX) Limited, Geregu Power, which was recently in the news over a bond coupon payment default, noted that the appointment of an acting CEO followed the non-renewal of the term of the interim CEO, Mr Sean Manley, which ended on August 14, 2026.
The board expressed confidence that the appointment of Mr Jaoji will strengthen the governance structure and strategic direction of the company pending the appointment of a substantive CEO.
The board thanked Mr Manley for his service and contributions to the energy firm during his tenure and wished him success in his future endeavours.
Mr Jaoji holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, and is a registered member of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
He brings over three decades of experience in the power sector, spanning technical and leadership roles at the National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) and Geregu Power Plc, where he served as Head, Maintenance Planning and Performance between 2007 and 2019. He subsequently served as Technical Assistant to the Minister of Power between 2019 and 2023, before returning to Geregu Power.



Pingback: Multichoice Nigeria Appoints Kemi Omotosho as New CEO - Africa News Desk