By Modupe Gbadeyanka
An employee of Diamond Bank Plc has been remanded in prison custody by Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo of the Special Offences Court, sitting in Ikeja, Lagos, pending the fulfilment of his bail terms.
The fraud suspect, Mr Oladimeji Balogun, was arraigned on Monday, March 04, 2019, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Lagos Zonal Office.
The banker was brought before the judge on a four-count charge bordering on stealing to the tune of N81.720 million.
“That you, Oladimeji Balogun, sometime between May 30 and June 2018 in Lagos, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, dishonestly converted to the use of Balogun Zainab Omohomo, the sum of N35 million, being the property of Finni Oluwakemi and committed an offence contrary to Sections 278 and 285 (1) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State No. 11, 2015,” one of the counts read.
When the charges were read to the accused person, he pleaded not guilty and in view of his plea, the prosecution counsel, A. Mohammed, asked the court for a trial date and also prayed that the defendant be remanded in prison custody.
However, the defence counsel, Adekunle Oyesanya (SAN), informed the court of a pending bail application on behalf of his client, and prayed the court to grant Mr Balogun bail.
The judge consequently granted the defendant bail in the sum of N10 million with two sureties in like sum.
One of the sureties must own a landed property in Lagos. The other surety must be a close relation of the defendant, must be gainfully employed and produce three years tax clearance certificate, the court held, while the matter was adjourned to April 9, 2019 for commencement of trial.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- UK May Adopt Digital Currency April 19, 2021
- Leadway Assurance Seeks Cyber Insurance Acceptance April 19, 2021
- Explainer: The Controversy Around European Super League April 19, 2021
- Sub-Saharan Africa Must Embrace Data to Boost Growth—BCG April 19, 2021
- Experts to Discuss Tech, Digital Transformation at MSME Dialogue 3.0 April 19, 2021
- Ecobank Attracts Nigerians Abroad With Competitive Interest Rates April 19, 2021
- About Africa’s Overwhelming Dishonesty April 19, 2021
- 7 Top Financial Indicators You Should Monitor as a Business Owner April 19, 2021
- Arogundade Urges Companies to Emulate Rite Foods April 19, 2021
- Northern IPMAN Threatens Strike Over PEF Conflict April 19, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP