By Adedapo Adesanya
A tag team of Central Securities Clearing Systems (CSCS) Plc and Nipco Plc ensured that the bulls remained at the NASD Over-the-Counter (OTC) Securities Exchange on Tuesday.
The two stocks lifted the market for unlisted equities yesterday by 0.39 per cent, expanding the market capitalisation of the bourse by N2.12 billion to N542.26 billion from N540.14 billion it finished on Monday.
Business Post reports that CSCS Plc gained 20 kobo or 1.43 per cent during the session to close at N14.20 per share in contrast to N14 per share it closed on Monday.
Also, Nipco Plc added N6 or 9.68 per cent to its share price to finish yesterday at N68 per unit as against the N62 per unit it settled the prior day.
The gains printed by these two companies on Tuesday helped to move the NASD Unlisted Security Index (NSI) forward by 2.86 points to end the day at 729.53 points as against 726.67 points it recorded at the previous session.
On the activity chart, the trading volume increased by 201.9 per cent to 2.2 million units from the previous day’s 743,852 units. Also, the trading value rose by 180.9 per cent to N147.5 million from N52.5 million, while the number of deals decreased by 50 per cent to three deals from six deals.
At the close of business, ARM Life Plc was the most active stock by volume (year-to-date) with 7.4 billion units of its shares sold for N4.6 billion. CSCS Plc was in second place with 205.1 million units worth N2.7 billion, while Food Concepts Plc held the third position with 152.1 million units worth N109.4 million.
Equally, ARM Life Plc also remained the most traded stock by value (year-to-date) for transacting 7.4 billion units valued at N4.6 billion. Niger Delta Exploration and Production (NDEP) Plc trailed with 11.8 million units of its securities valued at N3.6 billion, while CSCS has traded 205.1 million units worth N2.7 billion.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
- Jumia Employee Taking Pleasure in Meeting e-Commerce Needs of Rural Dwellers April 22, 2021
- Over 4 million Investors’ Accounts Have Incomplete KYC Data—SEC April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria