By Dipo Olowookere
Over the next three years, President of Dangote Group, Mr Aliko Dangote, said his company will invest $450 million in agriculture in Niger State.
Speaking on Monday at the 2017 Niger State Investment Summit in Minna, Mr Dangote said he will consider rice production in the state.
According to him, a large rice processing mill with the capacity to process over 200,000 metric tonnes of paddy rice would be established in Niger State.
In addition, he will establish a state-of-the-art fully integrated sugar refining industry from the amount.
“The Dangote Group is committed to invest around $450 million over the three next years to establish a large scale rice processing mill for out growers.
“Our company is also establishing a state of the art fully integrated sugar industry involving the development of over 30,000 hectares of sugar cane plantation and the production of about 500,000 metric tonnes of refined sugar.
“We are very excited about these investments and look forward to kick-starting this mutually beneficial partnership with the government and good people of Niger State,” Mr Dangote, who was represented by Mr Mansur Ahmed, disclosed.
The summit, which started on Monday and declared open by the Acting President, Mr Yemi Osinbajo, will end today.
It is themed ‘Impact Investing for Advancing Agricultural Economy and Innovation.’
Speaking further, Mr Dangote said he decided to invest in the state because of its rich and vast arable land.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria