By Modupe Gbadeyanka
The over-the-counter (OTC) bond market is expected to experience stability this week amid ease in financial system liquidity.
This is according to analysts at Cowry Asset, who noted that last week, the FGN Eurobonds traded on the London Stock Exchange depreciated in value for all maturities tracked on sustained bearish activity.
It was disclosed that the 10-year, 6.75 percent JAN 28, 2021; the 5-year, 5.13 percent JUL 12, 2018; and the 10-year, 6.38 percent JUL 12, 2023 declined in value by N1.18, N0.08 and N1.51 respectively.
Also, their corresponding yields rose to 5.19 percent from 4.74 percent, 5.80 percent from 5.31 percent and 5.77 percent from 5.44 percent respectively.
Meanwhile, FGN bonds traded at the OTC segment tanked in value across maturities tracked.
The 20-year, 10 percent FGN JULY 2030 debt; the 10-year 16.39 percent FGN JAN 2022 debt; and the 7-year 16 percent FGN JUN 2019 debt depreciated by N0.33, N0.59 and N2.18 respectively; while their corresponding yields rose to 13.09 percent from 13.02 percent, 13.25 percent from 13.07 percent and 11.98 percent from 10.09 percent respectively.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria