By Dipo Olowookere
The board of directors of FBN Holdings Plc has recommended the payment of a cash dividend of 26 kobo per share to shareholders of the company.
This information was revealed in the financial statements released by the firm on Friday afternoon and uploaded on the website of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
It was disclosed that the dividend payment, which amounts to N9.3 billion, is for the 2018 financial year.
However, the company is yet to release details of the qualification, closure and payment dates of the dividend.
Business Post reports that the dividend payment will still have to be approved by shareholders of the firm at its Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held later in the year.
The board of FBN Holdings has now released details of the proposed dividend payment of 26 kobo per share to shareholders.
In a notice to the NSE, it was disclosed that the qualification date for the dividend is April 22, 2019, while the register of shareholders will be closed from April 23 to 29, 2019.
On May 6, 2019, the dividends will be paid electronically to shareholders whose names appear on the register of members as at April 22, 2019 and who have completed the e-dividend registration and mandated the registrar to pay their dividends directly into their bank accounts.
Meanwhile, the company has fixed its Annual General Meeting (AGM) for May 3, 2019 at Oriental Hotel, Lagos, by 10am.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria