By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Financial Market Dealer Quotation (FMDQ) Over the Counter (OTC) Securities has expressed its intention to set up a single settlement bank.
This information was revealed last week by the agency.
Speaking on Wednesday at the end of the Capital Market Committee (CMC) held in Lagos, representative of FMDQ said the new bank would be launched in October this year.
A communiqué issued after the meeting specifically said, “FMDQ announced its intention to launch a Single Settlement Bank sometime in October 2017.”
FMDQ is a SEC licenced over-the-counter (OTC) market securities exchange and self-regulatory organisation.
It is owned by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), all of the Nigerian banks, discount houses and the NSE, through its subsidiary NSE Consult Ltd.
FMDQ focuses on market governance and compliance, market development and data services to ensure high market integrity.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria