By Modupe Gbadeyanka
This week, treasury bills worth N375.98 billion will mature via the secondary market, Business Post is reporting.
This inflow in maturing treasury bills, according to analysts at Cowry Asset, is expected to cause relative ease in the financial system liquidity with resultant moderation in interbank rates even as there will be no primary market auctions during the week.
Last week, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) auctioned T-bills worth N145.29 billion via the primary market.
In line with expectations, the stop rate for the 91-day, 182-day and 364-day rose to 10.98 percent from 10.96 percent, 13.49 percent from 12.69 percent and 14.40 percent from 13.45 percent respectively.
In the Secondary Market, the apex bank also auctioned N517.61 billion worth of T-bills and the total outflows worth N662.90 billion offset the inflows from the matured T-bills worth N415.95 billion.
However, NIBOR fell for all tenor buckets tracked amid financial system liquidity ease, with the overnight funds, 1-month, 3-month and 6-month falling to 4.42 percent from 10.33 percent, 12.07 percent from 13.80 percent, 13.49 percent from 14.03 percent and 14.45 percent from 14.77 percent respectively.
Meanwhile, NITTY moderated for most maturities tracked amid renewed buy pressure: yields on 1-month, 3-month and 6-month maturities fell to 10.43 percent from 12.85 percent, 12.37 percent from 12.97 percent and 13.34 percent from 13.39 percent respectively.
However, NITTY for 12-months rose to 16.49 percent from 16.29 percent.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- FG Launches System to Register Phones to Tackle Theft May 13, 2021
- Premier League Agrees £5bn TV Broadcast Deal Extension May 13, 2021
- Firm Unveils Insurance Cover for Tricycle Riders May 13, 2021
- Insecurity: Buhari Begs Nigerians for More Understanding May 13, 2021
- HP Extends Digital Partner Programme to Global Retailers May 13, 2021
- DMO, Investors Prepare for N150bn Bond Sale May 19 May 13, 2021
- Eid al-Fitr: Akande-Sadipe Tasks Muslims on Peace, Love May 13, 2021
- Companies Pay N392.8bn Income Tax to Government in Q1 2021 May 13, 2021
- Bitcoin Slides as Elon Musk’s Tesla Suspends Acceptance for Purchase May 13, 2021
- Brent Hits $69 Amidst Positive Economic, Demand Forecasts May 13, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria