By Dipo Olowookere
The local currency traded mixed against the United States Dollar at the various segments of the foreign exchange (forex) market this week.
Specifically, at the close of the trading week, the NGN/USD exchange rate, according to Cowry Asset, remained unchanged at both the Bureau De Change (BDC) segment and the parallel market to close at N359/$ and N362/$ respectively.
This was as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) continued with its weekly intervention of which the sum of $210 million was injected by CBN into the foreign exchange market via the Secondary Market Intervention Sales (SMIS).
A breakdown of the intervention showed that $100 million was allocated to Wholesale SMIS, $55 million was allocated to Small and Medium Scale Enterprises, while $55 million was sold for invisibles.
At the close of the week, the Naira gained against the Dollar at the Investors & Exporters Forex Window (I&E FXW) by 0.05 percent to close at N363.84.
However, the local currency fell by 0.08 percent to N362.82/$ at the interbank foreign exchange market.
Meanwhile, most dated foreign exchange forward contracts at the interbank over-the-counter (OTC) segment appreciated – 1 month, 2 months, 3 months and 6 months gained 0.07 percent, 0.06 percent, 0.04 percent and 0.07 percent to close at N367.26/$, N370.69/$, N374.08/$ and N384.99/$ respectively.
However, spot and 1-year rates depreciated by 0.02 percent and 048 percent to close at N306.55/$ and N411.87/$ respectively.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- FG Launches System to Register Phones to Tackle Theft May 13, 2021
- Premier League Agrees £5bn TV Broadcast Deal Extension May 13, 2021
- Firm Unveils Insurance Cover for Tricycle Riders May 13, 2021
- Insecurity: Buhari Begs Nigerians for More Understanding May 13, 2021
- HP Extends Digital Partner Programme to Global Retailers May 13, 2021
- DMO, Investors Prepare for N150bn Bond Sale May 19 May 13, 2021
- Eid al-Fitr: Akande-Sadipe Tasks Muslims on Peace, Love May 13, 2021
- Companies Pay N392.8bn Income Tax to Government in Q1 2021 May 13, 2021
- Bitcoin Slides as Elon Musk’s Tesla Suspends Acceptance for Purchase May 13, 2021
- Brent Hits $69 Amidst Positive Economic, Demand Forecasts May 13, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria