By Dipo Olowookere
The value of Naira depreciated against the Dollar on Tuesday at the Investors and Exporters segment of the foreign exchange market.
Data from the FMDQ website showed that the high demand for the United States currency piled pressure on the local currency at the market yesterday.
With renewed political crisis in the country concerning the suspension of the nation’s chief jurist, some foreign portfolio investors, who had returned into the Nigerian market to make quick return before next month’s polls in the country, started to pull out again.
This, Business Post analysts gathered, is causing the gradual decline in the Naira as investors are converting their cash to Dollar and watch things from the sidelines.
At the I&E window on Tuesday, the local currency lost 0.16 percent to quote at N363.34 to a Dollar in contrast to N362.75/$ of the previous session.
Business Post reports further that the value of transactions recorded yesterday at this market segment was $61.23 million.
At the interbank window of the forex market, the local currency remained unchanged at N306.75 to a Dollar.
Also at the parallel market, the Naira closed flat at N363 per Dollar, N411 per Euro and N470 to a Pound Sterling.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria