By Dipo Olowookere
Despite the election in the mid quarter, the NASD Exchange OTC Market recorded appreciable activity at the end of the first quarter in 2019.
During the first three months of the year, the NASD Unlisted Security Index (NASD-USI) appreciated by 2.38 percent.
Also in the period under consideration, NASD investors gained N12.41 billion while N17.54 billion added to the market capitalisation was due to a security admission of Providus Bank Plc.
As a result, the market capitalisation ended the quarter at N544.39 billion compared with N514.80 billion at the beginning of the quarter.
According to data released by the management of NASD, the first quarter was on a positive note despite the high political tension experienced during this period. Companies are expected to provide investors with financial reports to facilitate trading decisions.
A look at the monthly performance in the first quarter of this year indicated that the NASD Unlisted Security Index (NASD-USI) for January increased by 0.28 percent to 742.20 points as against 740.16 points at the beginning of the month, market capitalisation increased by 3.66 percent from N514.42 billion to N533.22 billion.
It was observed that February ended on a bearish note as the NASD-USI and market capitalisation both increased by 3.07 percent, closing at 757.75 points and N528.17 billion respectively.
Business Post reports that the month of March ended on a bullish note as the NASD-USI and market capitalisation both also increased by 3.07 percent, closing at 757.75 points and N544.39 billion apiece.
During the quarter, the OTC Market top gainers were NASD Plc (SDNASDPLC), Central Securities Clearing System Plc (SDCSCSPLC), Afriland Properties Plc (SDAFRILAND), Niger Delta Exploration & Production Plc (SDNDEP) and Friesland Campina Wamco Nigeria Plc (SDFCWAMCO).
Conversely, the OTC Market top losers were UBN Property Plc (SDUBNPROP) and AG Mortgage Bank Plc (SDAGMBANK).
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
- Jumia Employee Taking Pleasure in Meeting e-Commerce Needs of Rural Dwellers April 22, 2021
- Over 4 million Investors’ Accounts Have Incomplete KYC Data—SEC April 22, 2021
- FBNQuest Merchant Bank Offers to Help SMEs Issue CPs, Bonds April 22, 2021
- Sparkle Nigeria Introduces SMS Alert Fees April 22, 2021
- Keystone Bank Teaches Nigerian Students Financial Literacy April 22, 2021
- Nigeria Borrows N274.5bn from Local Investors at Over 13% April 22, 2021
- Government Seals Kaduna Electric over N464.1m Tax April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria