By Adedapo Adesanya
The Naira took a slide against the US Dollar at the black market on Friday after it depreciated by N5 to trade at N475/$1 in contrast to the previous rate of N470/$1.
Also, the local currency depreciated by N5 against the British Pound Sterling at the same market window yesterday to quote at N625/£ versus N620/£1 it traded on Thursday and closed flat on the Euro at N570/€1.
However, it was a different outcome at the Investors and Exporters (I&E) segment, where the Nigerian currency traded flat against the greenback on Friday at N395/$1, according to data on FMDQ Securities Exchange.
The stability recorded by the Naira came despite the rise in the demand for forex witnessed at the market window yesterday by 50.9 per cent or $80.75 million. At the close of transactions, the daily turnover skyrocketed to $239.17 million from the previous day’s $158.42 million.
Also, at the interbank window, the official Naira to Dollar exchange rate remained unchanged yesterday at N379/$1 just as the exchange rate of the Naira/Dollar at the Bureaux De Change (BDC) window stayed at N392/$1.
A look at the cryptocurrency market on Friday showed that only the Bitcoin (BTC) and Litecoin (LTC) appreciated, while others pointed south, according to Quidax, a platform used for trading cryptocurrencies in Naira in Nigeria.
The BTC appreciated during the session by 0.7 per cent to sell at N9,039,988.70, while the LTC moved up by 0.6 per cent to sell at N41,174.15.
But the Ripple (RPX) shed 4.1 per cent yesterday to close at N278.14, the Ethereum (ETH) plunged by 3.9 per cent to trade at N275,064.34, the Tron (TRX) dropped 3.6 per cent to trade at N14.40, the Dash (DASH) recorded a 3.1 per cent loss to sell at N48,455.34, while the United States Dollar Tether (USDT) lost 1.0 per cent to settle at N470.07.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria