By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, has been directed by the House of Representatives ad hoc committee on the review of price of petroleum to appear before it in person to answer some questions.
Mr Emefiele is needed to explain how the apex bank allocated foreign exchange to oil marketers for importation of petroleum products into the country from 2015 till date.
Giving the order on Monday, Chairman of the ad hoc committee, Mr Raphael Igbokwe, said the CBN governor must come along with details of all beneficiaries of forex allocation from 2015 to date including the banks that process the money.
He is also to come with criteria in accessing and allocating forex to the oil marketers.
The committee explained that Mr Emefiele was needed in person because his representative, Dr Alvan Ikokun, who is the bank’s Director of Financial Market Department, was not competent to answer the question.
The questioning comes as Nigeria Navy accused importers of diverting petroleum products meant for Nigeria to neighbouring countries and bring same back to the country because of multiple charges by government agencies.
The representative of Nigerian Navy, Director Marine at Naval Headquarters, Navy Commodore Preston Efedue, informed the lawmakers that, “I have asked the marketers one on one why they are discharging in Lome and not in Lagos, they said it was due to various charges being charged by the supervising agencies at the port are too numerous.”
But the committee said it was working towards ensuring that Nigerians are not paying more than what they ought to pay for the petroleum product.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria