By Modupe Gbadeyanka
The embattled Vice-Chancellor of the University of Lagos, Professor Oluwatoyin Ogundipe, has reclaimed his position after President Muhammadu Buhari asked him to return to the institution.
Prof Ogundipe had had a rough battle with the Governing Council of the citadel of learning, especially the head of the council, Mr Wale Babalakin.
The governing council had removed the VC from office over claims of financial fraud, but the professor maintained that he was never given a fair hearing.
The imbroglio forced the President to set up a panel to look into the issue and asked both parties to step aside for proper investigation. However, Mr Babalakin later announced his resignation from the council.
On Tuesday night, there were rumours that Mr Buhari has reinstated Prof Ogundipe and this sparked jubilation at the Akoka, Yaba campus of the school.
On Wednesday, the Federal Ministry of Education in Abuja, through its spokesman, Mr Ben Gooong, announced in a statement that President Buhari has asked the VC to return to his post, while the governing council of the university was dissolved.
According to the statement, the initial removal of Prof Ogundipe by the governing council did not follow due process and it was said that the new action is expected to bring peace, stability, focus and direction to the institution.
“The Vice-Chancellor was not granted an opportunity to defend himself on the allegations upon which his removal was based. He should accordingly be re-instated,” the statement noted.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria