By Modupe Gbadeyanka
The Nigerian University Pension Management Company (NUPEMCO) has finally secured a licence from the National Pension Commission (PenCom) to operate as a Pension Fund Administrator (PFA).
A circular signed last week by Head of Corporate Communications at PenCom, Mr Peter Aghahowa, said the firm was given the approval to function as a PFA after meeting the agency’s requirements, terms and conditions.
According to the circular, NUPEMCO shall serve members and employees of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), National University Commission (NUC), Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU), Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) and National Association of Academic Technologist (NAAT).
With this development, NUPEMCO will open Retirement Saving Accounts (RSA) for its customers, manage their pension contributions and place them on retirement plans when they exit active service.
PenCom said “any employee of the organisations that desires to move his/her RSA to NUPEMCO will be required to fill and submit a transfer consent form which is a prerequisite for PenCom to approve the transfer of his/her RSA to the new PFA.”
“Accordingly, those employees that are not desirous of moving their RSAs to NUPEMCO are at liberty to remain with their existing PFAs.
“New employees of these organisations are also at liberty to choose NUPEMCO or other PFAs,” the circular emphasised.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- UK May Adopt Digital Currency April 19, 2021
- Leadway Assurance Seeks Cyber Insurance Acceptance April 19, 2021
- Explainer: The Controversy Around European Super League April 19, 2021
- Sub-Saharan Africa Must Embrace Data to Boost Growth—BCG April 19, 2021
- Experts to Discuss Tech, Digital Transformation at MSME Dialogue 3.0 April 19, 2021
- Ecobank Attracts Nigerians Abroad With Competitive Interest Rates April 19, 2021
- About Africa’s Overwhelming Dishonesty April 19, 2021
- 7 Top Financial Indicators You Should Monitor as a Business Owner April 19, 2021
- Arogundade Urges Companies to Emulate Rite Foods April 19, 2021
- Northern IPMAN Threatens Strike Over PEF Conflict April 19, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP