By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Mr Justin Okonoboh, has been impeached by his colleagues.
Mr Okonoboh, who assumed office about 12 months ago, was removed as Speaker of the Edo Assembly on Monday morning.
The lawmaker from Igueben local government area of the state is representing Edo Central at the hallowed chamber.
As a result of his removal today, a new Speaker was elected and he is Mr Ajoto Kabiru from Akoko Edo Constituency 2.
The development had caused tension in some quarters of the state this morning, but our correspondent gathered that things are presently under control.
Last year, Mr Victor Edoror was impeached as Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly and Mr Okonoboh was elected as his replacement.
As at the time of filing this report, we could not ascertain the main reason the Speaker was impeached.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria