Connect with us

General

Quickteller, ASIF Organise Training on Skills Acquisition for Corps Members

Published

on

skills acquisition

By Modupe Gbadeyanka

A training on skills acquisition has been organised for members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) by Quickteller, the leading consumer digital payments platform powered by Interswitch, and Activate Success International Foundation (ASIF).

The initiative, conducted on a periodic basis under the Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED), was created by the NYSC, and it forms part of a series of orientation exercises designed to empower the streams of youths who transition through the service programme.

It was put together to prepare corps members for their post-NYSC endeavours.

Quickteller’s partnership with ASIF is geared towards youth development and empowerment, as beneficiary members will be armed with educative and informative materials that will serve as a practical guide for a smooth transition into the corporate world.

Alongside the valuable knowledge and experiences that will be shared by the seasoned professionals, there will also be entertaining sessions and exciting cash and non-cash prizes up for grabs for participating corps members at the various orientation camps across Nigeria.

Speaking on the partnership, the Group Head of Growth Marketing, Merchants & Ecosystem at Interswitch Group, Mr Olawale Akanbi, noted that Quickteller recognises the important role the youths play in the national narrative and that the driving force behind the partnership is the desire to empower this segment of the population with valuable career resources as they prepare to venture into the working population.

“We are proud to be partnering with ASIF on this project again, as we have done in the past, to fulfil our social responsibility as a player in the private sector, to support the efforts of the government in upskilling the vast youth population of the country.

“As the corps members get ready to join the workforce, it is important that they are fully prepared for what lies ahead in the corporate world so that they can keep at pace with the demands of their new environments,” Mr Akanbi said.

Quickteller’s partnership with ASIF has seen their efforts spread across orientation camps in cities across the country, including the FCT, Lagos, Rivers, Enugu, Oyo, Akwa-Ibom, Edo, Nasarawa, Kano, Ogun, and Benue States.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

General

Government to Help 150,000 Young Nigerians With N110bn

Published

on

young nigerians

By Adedapo Adesanya

The Federal Ministry of Youth Development has expressed its readiness to support 150,000 young Nigerians with N110 billion.

The Director-General of the National Orientation Agency (NOA), Mr Lanre Issa-Onilu, disclosed this on Thursday in Kano at the launch of the five nationwide enlightenment campaigns on government policies, national values and identities, security awareness and disaster preparedness.

He said over 600,000 students have so far benefited from the N59 million disbursed under the Nigeria Education Loan Fund (NELFUND) scheme.

The director general, who was represented by Mr Williams Dogo, Director, Legal Services of the agency, said that NELFUND was available to all qualified Nigerians in public tertiary institutions, noting that the sensitisation programme, with the theme Nationwide Sensitisation on Five Thematic Areas, was designed to deepen citizens’ knowledge of government initiatives.

The NOA boss explained that the campaign would highlight the presidential directive on flood mitigation, which provided for the release of N3 billion to each state in 2024 for drainage clearance and relocation of vulnerable communities.

He said that 700 schools had been renovated nationwide as an intervention to improve learning facilities in rural areas, stating that more than 15,000 new security personnel had been deployed nationwide to address diverse security challenges.

“It is our intention to carry out security awareness campaigns reaching no fewer than three million Nigerians in each state through media engagements, advocacy visits to traditional and religious leaders, rallies at markets and motor parks, as well as town hall meetings,” he said.

On national values, he said that reorientation campaign would focus on patriotism, unity and campaigns against extreme graduation practices that contradict cultural norms, adding that the campaign would also familiarise Nigerians with the current national anthem, which was changed by President Bola Tinubu.

Continue Reading

General

Immigration Raises 5-Year Passport Fee to N100,000, 10 Years to N200,000

Published

on

unclaimed passports

By Modupe Gbadeyanka

Nigerians will have to cough out more money to obtain their international passports because the Nigeria Immigration Service has increased the fees.

In a statement signed on Thursday by the Public Relations Officer of the agency, ACI AS Akinlabi, it was disclosed that the new fees would take effect from Monday, September 1, 2025.

It was disclosed that the 32-page passport with a validity of five years will now to for N100,000 and the 64-page 10-year passport is now N200,000.

The immigration explained that the upward review of the prices was “to uphold the quality and integrity of the Nigerian passport.”

“The review which only affect passport application fees made in Nigeria,” it stressed, adding that, “Nigerian passport application fees made by Nigerians in the Diaspora remain unchanged at $150 for 32-page with 5-year validity and $230 for 64-page with 10-year validity.”

“The service reiterates its commitment to balancing quality service delivery with the need to ensure Passport services are accessible to all Nigerians,” the statement concluded.

Continue Reading

General

PICTURES: Tinubu Returns to Nigeria After Japan, Brazil Trips

Published

on

tinubu returns japan brazil trips

By Modupe Gbadeyanka

President Bola Tinubu on Thursday returned to Nigeria after travelling to Japan and Brazil for official functions.

He landed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja in the early hours of today almost two weeks after he left the country through same route.

He was received by senior government officials, including the Minister of the FCT, Mr Nyesom Wike; the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mr Nuhu Ribadu; the Governor of Kaduna State, Mr Uba Sani; the Governor of Imo State, Mr Hope Uzodinma; and the Deputy Senate President, Mr Barau Jibrin; among others.

Before heading to Japan for the Ninth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD9) in Yokohama from August 20 to 22, the President, according to a statement by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Mr Bayo Onanuga, he had a stopover in Dubai.

Mr Tinubu precisely travelled out of Nigeria on Thursday, August 14, 2024, for the two-nation trip to Japan and Brazil.

After leaving Japan, he zoomed to Brazil to woo investors and held talks with the Brazilian leader, Mr Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.

He was able to convince the country’s petroleum firm, Petrobras, to return to Nigeria after it left a few years ago. He also helped to enable a direct flight from Brazil to Nigeria.

Continue Reading

Trending