Jobs/Appointments
Anxiety as 774,000 Artisans Hired by FG Prepare for Resumption
By Ahmed Rahma
After waiting for months, the 774,000 artisans from the 774 local government areas of the federation will resume work on Wednesday, December 6, 2021.
The young Nigerians were employed by the federal government under the Special Public Works (SPW) job programme to assist them to cushion the effect of the lockdown caused by COVID-19 last year.
The initiative has generated controversies and has pitched the parliament against the executive. It has also caused the Director-General of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE), Mr Nasiru Argungu, to lose his job.
Recently, the Minister of Information and Culture, Mr Lai Mohammed, had hinted that the programme will commence this month as all the necessary things have been put in place for a smooth take-off.
The programme is designed to engage 1,000 artisans from each local government in public works for three months at N20,000 each per month.
Those already chosen for the scheme are getting prepared to start work and earn something for themselves. Some of them are getting excited on the prospect of getting back on their feet, thanks to the federal government.
This is part of the efforts of the federal government to financially empower Nigerian youths to generate more jobs to stimulate the economy, which is presently in recession.
At a media briefing yesterday in Lagos, Mr Mohammed had said the federal government unveiled the Economic Sustainability Plan to support families, small and medium enterprise and manufacturing sector to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on the economy across all levels.
He said a major highlight of the plan is the provision of solar power to five million Nigerian households in the next 12 months.
He further added that the initiative would produce 250,000 jobs and impact on 25 million beneficiaries through the installation.
The minister also noted that various other interventions were made through the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme as well as the Trader and Market Moni loans.
“For the very vulnerable, significant steps taken include the expansion of the National Social Register to 3.6 million beneficiaries across the 36 states.
“Support was provided to over 8.8 million households through the 70,000 metric tonnes of food grains released from the Strategic Reserve.
“About 1.3 million vulnerable households also benefited from the Conditional Cash Transfers across 34 states,” he said.
Jobs/Appointments
Kayode Oyekanmi Replaces Sola Kosoko as LTV General Manager
By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Lagos Television (LTV 8), Alausa, Ikeja, has a new General Manager, and he is Mr Kayode Oyekanmi, replacing Mrs Sola Kosoko, who was ousted by the Lagos State government.
Mr Oyekanmi was presented with his letter of appointment on Wednesday, May 13, 2026, by the Lagos State Head of Service, Mr Bode Agoro, in a brief ceremony.
The new General Manager of the state-owned broadcast station was tasked with using his vast experience in the media space to take LTV 8 to greater heights.
Mr Agoro expressed confidence in Mr Oyekanmi’s capacity to reposition Lagos Television and wished him a successful and impactful tenure of office.
Prior to his appointment, Mr Oyekanmi served as the Director of Strategy Centre at the Lagos State Ministry of Information and Strategy, a position he has held since 2022.
A seasoned brand communications practitioner, Mr Oyekanmi has over three decades of professional experience spanning both the private and public sectors, with expertise in Advertising, Public Relations, and global export services.
He commenced his public service career as a Public Affairs Practitioner on March 1, 2000, with the Lagos State Ministry of Information and Strategy.
The new LTV boss, a Lagos State indigene from Isale Eko, Lagos Island, has received several awards in recognition of his dedication, hard work, and commitment to the journalism profession.
He holds a Master’s degree in Public Administration (MPA) from the University of Lagos and a Bachelor’s degree in English Language and Education from Lagos State University.
He is an active Member of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) and the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR).
In addition, he is a voracious reader and a passionate lawn tennis player, and currently serves as the Charter President of the Lagos State Ministry of Information Toastmasters Club.
Jobs/Appointments
Tinubu Chooses Famadewa as Special Adviser on Homeland Security
By Modupe Gbadeyanka
A retired Major-General, Mr Adeyinka Famadewa, has been appointed as the Special Adviser to President Bola Tinubu on Homeland Security.
The appointee retired from the military after over three decades, with experience in national security strategy, intelligence fusion, counter-terrorism operations, and international security diplomacy.
His career reflects a rare blend of operational excellence, strategic foresight, and institutional leadership in safeguarding Nigeria’s territorial integrity and national interests, a circular signed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr George Akume, said.
It was disclosed that Mr Famadewa was chosen for the position because of his exceptional record of service, strategic expertise, and outstanding contributions to Nigeria’s national security architecture.
The notice said the appointment underscores the commitment of the administration of Mr Tinubu to strengthening internal security coordination, enhancing intelligence-driven operations, and deepening inter-agency collaboration in addressing emerging security threats across the country.
The President expressed confidence that Mr Famadewa’s appointment will further enhance the government’s efforts toward achieving a safer and more secure Nigeria through improved coordination of homeland security initiatives, intelligence integration, and proactive risk management.
He also urged him to deploy his wealth of experience, professionalism, and strategic insight in advancing national security objectives and supporting the administration’s agenda.
Jobs/Appointments
FCMB Fortifies Board With Appointment of LSETF Chair Adepeju Adebajo
By Aduragbemi Omiyale
In a bid to strengthen its board and support its transformation goals, FCMB Group Plc has appointed the chairman of the board of the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF), Mrs Adepeju Adebajo, as an independent non-executive director.
A statement signed by the company secretary, Mrs Olufunmilayo Adelabu, disclosed that the appointment has been approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
She brings to the board over 30 years of experience across industry, renewable energy, agriculture, finance and consulting. She has worked with teams and clients in sub-Saharan Africa and Europe, helping them grow and multiply impact.
Throughout her career, Mrs Adebajo has led teams through change and growth. She previously worked at Lafarge Africa Plc, and was once the chief executive of Mouka Limited, Lumos Nigeria, UTC Nigeria Plc and an Assistant General Manager at United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc. She is a Transformation Lead at Etex Group (Nigerite and Emenite Limited).
In 2025, she founded Climate Governance Initiative Nigeria, affiliated with the World Economic Forum (WEF) and serves on the World Economic Forum Council on Climate and Nature Governance (2025-2027).
Mrs Adebajo holds a Master’s and a BSc in Chemical Engineering from Imperial College London and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
-
Feature/OPED6 years agoDavos was Different this year
-
Travel/Tourism10 years ago
Lagos Seals Western Lodge Hotel In Ikorodu
-
Showbiz3 years agoEstranged Lover Releases Videos of Empress Njamah Bathing
-
Banking8 years agoSort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
-
Economy3 years agoSubsidy Removal: CNG at N130 Per Litre Cheaper Than Petrol—IPMAN
-
Banking3 years agoSort Codes of UBA Branches in Nigeria
-
Banking3 years agoFirst Bank Announces Planned Downtime
-
Sports3 years agoHighest Paid Nigerian Footballer – How Much Do Nigerian Footballers Earn
