By Adedapo Adesanya
First Bank of Nigeria Limited has announced the appointment of Mr Gbenga Shobo, who is currently the Deputy Managing Director (DMD) of the bank, as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer designate.
The bank’s Chairman, Mrs Ibukun Awosika, said this in a statement on Wednesday in Lagos.
Mrs Awosika said the appointment was subject to all regulatory approvals., including the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), which granted the lender its operational licence.
She added that Mr Shobo succeeds Dr Sola Adeduntan, who would be leaving the bank in accordance with its term limit for chief executives, after successfully leading the institution since January 2016.
“These decisions will take effect from today, April 28, 2021. We are proud to announce Gbenga Shobo as our new Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer.
“His appointment has proven the resilience of our succession planning mechanisms and the value we place on our long-standing corporate governance practices, which underpin the institution’s enduring sustainability and 127-year legacy.
“Shobo has had a successful career in the bank and elsewhere, culminating in his appointment as the deputy managing director, in 2016 prior to his appointment as DMD.
“The board is confident that Shobo has the experience and the understanding of the bank and the know-how to lead the bank through this next phase of growth, which is focused on positioning FirstBank as the preeminent bank in our chosen market, delivering value to our stakeholders,” Mrs Awosika said.
Mrs Awosika said the bank also appointed Mr Abdullahi Ibrahim as the DMD.
According to her, Mr Ini Ebong, Mr Segun Alebiosu, Mr Seyi Oyefeso and Mrs Bashirat Odunewu were also appointed as executive directors.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria