2017 Nitro World Games Holds June 24
By Dipo Olowookere
After making headlines in its 2016 debut with electrifying feats and an unprecedented amount of world firsts, Nitro World Games will raise the bar even higher next year.
Created by action sports icon, Travis Pastrana, with Nitro Circus CEO and Creative Director, Mike Porra, Nitro World Games returns to Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, June 24 when Rice-Eccles Stadium hosts an adrenaline-fueled competition to see who will be crowned world champion in action sports’ most exciting disciplines: FMX, BMX, Skate, Inline and Scooter. NBC will televise the action-packed finals in primetime in the US.
Tickets to the June 24 Nitro World Games go on sale Friday, December 9 at 10:00 A.M. (Mountain time, U.S.A.) at www.nitroworldgames.com.
“Progression is what Nitro World Games is all about,” said Pastrana. “While I was so pumped to see the riders rise to the challenge this summer and send it with huge new tricks, we are working hard to take things to another level again in 2017.”
“From the roar of the stadium to the huge viewership on TV and online, it was clear that Nitro World Games struck a chord. Now we can’t wait to come back to Salt Lake City,” said Porra. “We have an obligation to both the fans and the industry to continue to innovate and we know that this year is going to be even bigger and better.”
“NBC was proud to televise last year’s inaugural Nitro World Games”, said Rob Simmelkjaer, Senior Vice President, NBC Sports Ventures. “We are looking forward once again showcasing the Games in 2017, as the Nitro Circus team continues to push action sports to new levels.”
“Utah was fortunate to host the highly successful inaugural Nitro World Games, which brought significant economic impact and media value to the state,” said Jeff Robbins, president & CEO of the Utah Sports Commission. “Sports fans around the world are anxious to see the continued progression that will take place during the 2017 event.”
Nitro World Games has revitalized action sports. Mind-blowing feats like Gregg Duffy’s unprecedented FMX double frontflip, the first time the trick was ever attempted in competition, and burgeoning superstar Ryan Williams’ massive 1080 BMX frontflip have pushed riders to heights few thought possible. 25,000 people saw it all go down in Salt Lake City. Viewer numbers for NBC’s live primetime broadcast surpassed all expectations while Nitro Circus’ livestream reached a hungry global audience. To date, Nitro World Games digital content has generated over 100 million views in aggregate. Summing up the impact of Nitro World Games’ debut, legendary BMX athlete TJ Lavin said, “Take everything that you know and throw it right out the window because this is a whole new sport.” With breakthrough ramp technology, new judging and scoring formats, plus open qualifying, this is a complete reboot of action sports competition.
For fans looking to witness action sports history in person, there are a variety of Nitro World Games options to choose from. Tickets start at $19 each while Nitro Club VIP tickets – the best seats in the house plus a special VIP experience – are $79 each (all ticket prices plus applicable service fees).
Nitro World Games 2017 continues Nitro Circus’ multi-year partnership with NBC Sports Ventures, combining NBC’s broadcasting excellence with Nitro Circus’ exciting brand of action sports entertainment. NBC Sports will present three hours of Nitro World Games coverage airing in primetime on NBC in the United States. More details on how fans outside of the U.S. and Canada can watch Nitro World Games will be announced soon.
CAF President Tasks Infantino on African Football Growth
By Adedapo Adesanya
The President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), Mr Patrice Motsepe, has congratulated President Gianni Infantino on his re-election as President of the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA), calling for more development for the sport on the continent.
He said CAF and football in Africa have had a committed and dependable partner in President Infantino and FIFA in the development and growth of African and global football.
“CAF is committed to developing and promoting football for boys and girls as well as amateur and professional football on the African Continent. The construction and upgrading of football infrastructure and facilities and improving the standard and quality of football in Africa are essential for African football to become globally competitive and self-sufficient.
“President Gianni Infantino and FIFA have been committed and dependable partners in developing, uplifting and promoting African football. CAF is delighted and welcomes the re-election of President Infantino as FIFA President and is confident that football in Africa and globally will continue to develop and grow and be a force for good under his leadership,” the CAF president noted.
The re-election of President Gianni Infantino took place in Rwanda and was the first elective congress in the history of FIFA to take place in Africa.
The 52-year-old Italian-Swiss, renewed under the same conditions in 2019 by the delegates of the 211 member federations, could remain at the head of world football until 2031, with his first three years (2016-2019) being considered incomplete because he completed the tenure of the scandalous former helmsman, Mr Sepp Blatter.
The FIFA chief has seen some changes in his first official term at the helm of affairs. One such was an 18 per cent increase in income and 45 per cent in reserves over the 2019-22 cycle compared to the previous one, allowing the body to increase its subsidies to confederations and federations further.
African football is set to benefit more, starting with the passage of the men’s World Cup from 32 to 48 teams in the 2026 edition, which will be shared between the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The continent could see up to 9-10 countries representing in the tournament moving forward from the current five teams.
Infantino Announces Changes After Re-election as FIFA President
By Adedapo Adesanya
The President of the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA), Mr Gianni Infantino, has been reelected to begin his second term as the head of the world’s football governing body.
This came during the 73rd FIFA Congress held in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda, on Thursday.
He took over the reins from Mr Joseph Blatter, who had to leave the spot due to a scandal in 2016 but was officially elected for his first term in 2019, and upon this re-election, he can continue for another term in 2027 until 2031.
Speaking immediately after the re-election to serve from 2023 to 2027, President Infantino said, “Being FIFA President is an incredible honour, an incredible privilege, and it is also a great responsibility. I am truly humbled and touched by your support, and I promise you that I will continue serving FIFA, serving football all over the world, and serving all 211 FIFA member associations.”
It was the first time in its history that an elective FIFA Congress took place in Africa, and the proceedings were opened by Mr Paul Kagame, President of the Republic of Rwanda.
In his address, President Kagame welcomed delegates from the 208 gathered member associations to his country and congratulated President Infantino on his impending re-election.
The FIFA President stressed FIFA’s role in organising competitions and developing football.
The President revealed that the 32-team FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand later this year would receive an extensive increase in prize money to over $150 million – more than three times the value from the last tournament in 2019 and 10 times more than in 2015.
President Infantino also referenced impending changes to the FIFA Under-17 World Cups at the boys’ and girls’ level, which will see those tournaments played on an annual basis, as well as the launch of the FIFA World Series and the revised 32-team FIFA Club World Cup, with the intention of giving teams from every confederation more opportunities to compete on the global stage.
Continued good governance was also a key pledge – including additional changes to the transfer system and a continued commitment to financial sustainability across the football pyramid.
For the next financial cycle, he made the commitment of $11 billion in revenue over the next four years, which represents a substantial increase on the initial target of $6.4 billion from the previous cycle and an increase on the $7.5 billion in revenue which was eventually reported.
Top Sports Bettors Worldwide: People Who Sports Bet for a Living
Have you ever wondered who the world’s most successful sports bettors are? Are they modern-day Great Gatsby, extravagant millionaires, tech gurus, or analysts?
Sports betting is a multibillion-dollar industry. The world’s most successful sports bettors demonstrate big money involved in the sector by betting amounts on the top gambling platforms like betway, etc. Stay with us as we list out the top sports bettors of the world and walk you through the characteristics that define them.
Ben Patz, also known as Parlay Patz because of his successful parlay betting, was born in 1996 and began sports betting as soon as he was of legal gambling age. Patz, an American University of Paris and Columbia Business School graduate, realized early in his career that teams were more concerned with winning the game than with scoring points, so betting money came naturally to him.
Tony Bloom is a British professional sports bettor known as “The Lizzard” due to his cold-blooded approach to betting; as an industry veteran, Tony competed in the world’s most prestigious poker competitions.
The Lizzard is said to have won up to $1 million in a single football game. Bloom is now the owner of the English football club Brighton & Hove Albion and a key figure at StarLizard, the UK’s betting syndicate and consultancy firm.
Zeljko Ranogajec, born in Australia, is best known for his horse-betting activities. Zeljko is said to bet on every thoroughbred horse race in Australia. The billionaire employs computer technology to queue bets in the TAB system just seconds before the race begins. This way, he ensures that other bettors do not copy him and that bookmakers do not profit from the tumbling odds he generates.
Marco D’Angelo has been betting since the 1980s. He moved to Las Vegas in 2008 and rose to prominence in 2010 when he established one of the longest-documented streaks in baseball betting. The 25 consecutive games he won resulted in a massive profit.
Marco is well-liked for his openness and willingness to assist other bettors and show them his tricks. His betting strategy is based on a percentage system, as he always bets a small portion of his budget to avoid losses. He likes playing on Betway and other leading betting platforms.
The Rise of Sports Betting in Nigeria is fuelled by many such sports bettors worldwide. People who want to make it big in the betting arena can learn a lot from the insight and traits of these betting legends.
Latest News on Business Post
- Unilever Nigeria Rejigs Business Model to Reduce Exposure to Naira Devaluation, Liquidity March 21, 2023
- US Threatens Sanctions Over Voter Intimidation at Lagos Guber, Others March 21, 2023
- Nigerian Banks Immune to Global Banking Jitters—Emefiele Assures March 21, 2023
- Russia’s Politics of Writing Off Africa’s Debt March 21, 2023
- To Make e-Payments More Acceptable, Nigeria Needs to Curb Fraud March 21, 2023
- CBN Hikes Interest Rate to 18% to Tame Inflation March 21, 2023
- Cote d’Ivoire Launches Startup Act to Support Ecosystem March 21, 2023
- Outrage as NNPC Appoints French-Swiss National to Head Oil Trading Business March 21, 2023
- Currency in Circulation in Nigeria Drops to N982.09bn in February March 21, 2023
- NGX RegCo Sanctions Infinity Trust Mortgage Bank Over Price Sensitive Info March 21, 2023