By Modupe Gbadeyanka
The dreams of lovers of sports in Nigeria to be billionaires will soon become a reality courtesy Afro Millions Lotto.
As you read this, plans are already in top gear to meet up with the August 2017 launch of the lotto, which will change the lottery industry in Africa.
Information reaching us from the company reveals that the Afro Millions Lotto, a brand new lotto with a minimum jackpot close to a N1 billion, will be launched in support of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) clubs by the League Management Company (LMC) and British-based Ofertas365.
All 20 NPFL clubs are to be branded with their own page on www.AfroMillionsLotto.com where people can buy tickets online for the twice-weekly draws, as well as enjoy a range of Instant Win games offering big-money prizes.
The benefit for the clubs is that each will receive a percentage of the revenue raised from their lottery site to increase income to fund player development, supporting stadium and pitch improvements as well as community-based projects.
LMC Chairman, Mr Shehu Dikko described AfroMillionsLotto as one of the most exciting commercial developments in club football in Nigeria in recent times and suggested that it would positively impact football financing extensively.
Mr Dikko said, “The LMC bought into this partnership because of its realistic potential to revolutionise our clubs’ commercial operations, thanks to the money lotto will bring in. Lotto has proven to be extremely successful with English Premier League clubs and we hope to replicate its success here in Nigeria.”
In his own comments, Mr James Leppard, CEO of Ofertas365, said “We are delighted to work with Africa’s largest and most prestigious football league in launching AfroMillionsLotto, which will offer players, whether they are football fans or not, the ability to win truly life-changing jackpots.”
A brief of how the lotto works shows that after selecting the football club of their choice and setting up an account on the AfroMillionsLotto website, anyone over the age of 18 can deposit money using their credit or debit card, e-wallet or cash voucher, which they will soon be able to purchase through various points-of-sale.
They then choose a line of six numbers ranging from 1–49 and an additional bonus number from 1–9 before buying a ticket costing €0.60 (approx. N220).
The winning numbers are based on the twice-weekly German National Lottery draw, which can be viewed live on German television on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.
Jackpots and prizes will be displayed on the AfroMillionsLotto website, together with the prizes for correctly predicting 6,5,4,3 and 2 matching numbers.
The minimum jackpot starts at €2.5 million (close to a N1 billion) and rolls over by €250,000 each time it’s not won until it reaches a maximum of €5 million.
The Easiest Way to Check the Football Score: Mobile Live Score in Nigeria
As this website is a friendly user platform, you will access all today’s football results. Moreover, an excellent mobile version of the site will help you do this from anywhere in the world with a mobile device.
Furthermore, 777score invites all residents of Nigeria to get acquainted with the CAF Champions League (Africa) – the annual main club football tournament in Africa, an analogue of the European Champions League.
CAF Champions League (Africa)
Format of the event
Fifty-four teams must go through a specific qualifying round. There are two rounds in total, the first is preliminary, and the second is the main. It is also called the first. The 16 best teams will advance to the Champions League group stage.
There, by drawing lots, the teams will be divided into four groups of four teams each. All matches are played in two rounds, home and away. The two clubs that turn out to be the best go straight to the ¼ final of the championship.
Only two clubs from each country can enter the tournament. The club delegations are distributed according to the association rankings for five years (this season from 2017-2021).
For the last rating, the teams that will make it to the tournament:
- Morocco (1st place) Vidad (Botola 1 2020/21 Champion), Raja (Botola 1 2020/21 Vice-champion)
- Egypt (2nd place) Zamalek (EPL 2020/21 Champion), Al-Ahli (CAF Champions League 2020/21 Champion, EPL 2020/21 Vice-champion)
- Tunisia (3rd place) Esperance (Professional League 1 2020/21 Champion), Etoile du Sahel (Professional League 1 2020/21 Vice-champion)
- Algeria (4th place) Belouizdad (Algerian Professional League 2020/21 Champion,) Setif (Algerian Professional League 2020/21 Vice-champion)
- South Africa (5th place) Mamelodi Sundowns (Premier Division 2020/21 Champion), Amazulu (Premier Division 2020/21 Vice-Champion)
- DRC (6th place) Mazembe (Linafoot 2020/21 Champion), Maniema Union (Linafoot 2020/21 Vice-champion)
- Guinea (7th place) Horoya (GNC 2020/21 Champion), Kamsar (GNC 2020/21 Vice-champion)
- Nigeria (8th) Aqua United (NPFL 2020/21 Champion), Rivers United (NPFL 2020/21 Vice-Champion)
- Zambia (9th place) ZESKO United (Super League 2020/21 Champion) Zanaco (Super League 2020/21 Vice-champion)
- Angola (10th place) Sagrada Esperanse (Girabola 2020/21 Champion), Petru de Luanda (Girabola 2020/21 Vice-champion)
- Sudan (11th place) Al-Hilal (SPL 2020/21 Champion), Al-Merreikh (SPL 2020/21 Vice-champion)
- Tanzania (12th place) Simba (TPL 2020/21 Champion), (Young Africans TPL 2020/21 Vice-champion)
Teams from all over Africa take part in the championship. The most popular ones are:
- Al Ahly – 10 titles (first title won in 1982, last title won in 2021), 4 runners-up .
- Zamalek – 5 titles (first title won in 1984, last title won in 2002), 3 runners-up .
- TP Mazembe – 5 titles (first title won in 1967, last title won in 2015), 2 runners-up.
- ES Tunis – 4 titles (first title won in 1994, last title won in 2019), 4 runners-up.
- Hafia FC – 3 titles (first title won in 1972, last title won in 1977), 2 runners-up.
Nations that took part in the finals of the championship the most:
- Egypt – title won 16, Runners-up 9 (25 in total)
- Tunisia – title won 6, Runners-up 7 (13 in total)
- DR Congo – title won 6, Runners-up 6 (12 in total)
- Morocco – title won 6, Runners-up 3 (9 in total)
- Algeria – title won 5, Runners-up 2 (7 in total)
- Cameroon – title won 5 Runners-up 1 (6 in total)
- Ghana – title won 3 Runners-up 8 (11 in total)
- Guinea – title won 3 Runners-up 2 (5 in total)
- Nigeria – title won Runners-up 5 (7 in total)
- South Africa – title won 2 Runners-up 3 (5 in total)
- Ivory Coast – title won 2 Runners-up 2 (4 in total)
- Congo – title won 1 Runners-up 0 (1 in total)
- Mali – title won 0 Runners-up 2 (2 in total)
- Uganda – title won 0 Runners-up 2 (2 in total)
- Sudan – title won 0 Runners-up 2 (2 in total)
- Togo – title won 0 Runners-up 1 (1 in total)
- Zambia – title won 0 Runners-up 1 (1 in total)
- Zimbabwe title won 0 Runners-up 1 (1 in total)
How to keep an eye on ACL today?
Everything is quite simple. Mobile live score is available to every user. Thus, for all football fans, it will more easily to view all ACL games. On the 777score livescore page of the match, each user can find three tabs:
- Summary. A brief overview of the match with helpful information about the course of the game.
- Online. The users’ disposal will be a convenient player with a video broadcast of the match online, both with commentators and without.
- Statistics. Information and statistics on the match – the number of corners and offsides, the percentage of possession and successful passes, shots on goal, etc.
Check today football results today for free live
At 777score, every football fan will find comprehensive information about:
- Tournament table of the championship.
- Participating teams.
- Dates and time of scheduled games.
- Today’s football results.
- The graphics and statistics of the African Champions League.
Every day you can watch more than 350 matches live, including famous world championships and local ones. Also, do not forget that you should not be upset if you missed the match for some reason.
777score allows every fan to watch the complete statistics of the match and even a video replay of the live broadcast. Moreover, if you select your favourite games, you can keep track of them on a specific tab and not waste time looking.
For your convenience, the match score can be viewed in different ways:
- On the top of the site
- Via Live Center
- On a simulated soccer field
- In the statistics section
And for fans of sports betting and bettors, such information as live score, H2H, predictions, and odds will be helpful.
Manchester United Confirm Ralf Rangnick as Interim Manager
By Dipo Olowookere
German tactician, Ralf Rangnick, has been appointed by Manchester United as an interim manager for six months.
Rangnick is taking over the management of the top English club from Ole Gunnar Solskjær, who was sacked this month after an embarrassing loss at Watford by 4-1 two weeks ago.
After the sacking of Solskjær, who played for the club and won the Champion League with them, Michael Carrick, a former player of the football outfit, was asked to remain in charge of the first team as caretaker manager.
In a statement issued on Monday, Manchester United said “Michael Carrick will remain in charge of the first team until Ralf’s work visa is finalised.”
It was stated that at the end of the current season, Rangnick will remain with the club “in a consultancy role for a further two years.”
Commenting on the appointment, the Football Director of United, Mr John Murtough, stated that, “Ralf is one of the most respected coaches and innovators in European football.
“He was our number one candidate for an interim manager, reflecting the invaluable leadership and technical skills he will bring from almost four decades of experience in management and coaching.”
“Everyone at the club is looking forward to working with him during the season ahead, and then for a further two years in his advisory role,” he added.
In his reaction, Rangnick said: “I am excited to be joining Manchester United and focused on making this a successful season for the club.
“The squad is full of talent and has a great balance of youth and experience. All my efforts for the next six months will be on helping these players fulfil their potential, both individually and, most importantly, as a team.
“Beyond that, I look forward to supporting the club’s longer-term goals on a consultancy basis.”
It is not certain if the new coach will be available for United’s match against Arsenal on Thursday at Old Trafford. Carrick led the team to Stamford Bridge on Sunday and held Chelsea to a 1-1 draw.
Manchester United Sack Solskjaer as Carrick Takes Over
By Dipo Olowookere
The top English football club, Manchester United, have sacked their manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, after a run of poor results.
The club in a statement confirmed this development on Sunday, thanking the manager, who is a legend of the club because of his exploits as a player, for his services.
Solskjaer gave a hint of his imminent sack on Saturday after a defeat to struggling Watford by 4-1 at Vicarage Road when he waved goodbye to the away side after the match.
While doing this, the club’s assistant captain, Bruno Fernandes, gestured to the United fans that the fault of the crisis in the dressing room was not the coach’s alone but the entire team.
This was echoed by the team’s shot-stopper, David De Gea, in his post-match reaction when he blamed the players too for the poor performances in recent games.
But it was very certain that the Watford game would be Solskjaer’s last in charge of the club and this was officially announced on Sunday in a statement.
The club further said a former player of the Man United and one of the backroom staff of Solskjaer, Michael Carrick, will take charge in the interim until a permanent manager is announced.
“Manchester United announces that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has left his role as manager.
“Ole will always be a legend at Manchester United and it is with regret that we have reached this difficult decision. While the past few weeks have been disappointing, they should not obscure all the work he has done over the past three years to rebuild the foundations for long-term success.
“Ole leaves with our sincerest thanks for his tireless efforts as Manager and our very best wishes for the future.
“His place in the club’s history will always be secure, not just for his story as a player, but as a great man and a Manager who gave us many great moments. He will forever be welcome back at Old Trafford as part of the Manchester United family.
“Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season,” the statement disclosed.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Q3’21: Ecobank Impresses Shareholders With Triple-Digit Growth in PAT December 9, 2021
- Sanwo-Olu Suspends Proposed Walk for Peace Over COVID-19 December 9, 2021
- Outstanding Debts: Be Patient With us—NDDC Begs Contractors December 9, 2021
- FG to Make TIN Compulsory for Bank Account Holders December 9, 2021
- Unlisted Stocks Languish in Red Zone after 0.25% Fall Wednesday December 9, 2021
- Naira Trades Flat at I&E as Bitcoin, Ethereum Fall at Crypto Market December 9, 2021
- Crude Oil Prices Rise on Small US Inventory Draw December 9, 2021
- Stock Market Gains 0.99% on Buying Interest in MTN, Ecobank, Others December 9, 2021
- Ellah Lakes, Enugu Government Seal Rice Processing Deal December 8, 2021
- Sterling Bank Gets CBN Approval for Non-Interest Banking Business December 8, 2021
Feature/OPED2 years ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Travel/Tourism5 years ago
Lagos Seals Western Lodge Hotel In Ikorodu
Technology12 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy5 years ago
How To Identify Fake Naira Notes
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Economy4 years ago
NSE Market Capitalisation Sheds N76b as Sell‐offs Persist
Economy4 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January