By Modupe Gbadeyanka
One of the most capitalised financial institutions in Nigeria, Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) Plc, has announced the payment of 30 kobo interim dividend to its shareholders.
The lender, which released its half-year earnings for 2017 today, said it was paying an interim dividend at the rate of 30 kobo per 50 kobo ordinary share to investors.
However, it stressed that this dividend, “subject to the appropriate withholding tax,” would be “paid to shareholders, whose names appear in the Register of Shareholders as at the close of business August 23, 2017 and August 17, 2017, for holders of the Bank’s Global Depository Receipts (GDR).”
GTBank further disclosed that payment date for shareholders is September 5, 2017.
“Kindly note however, that holders of the bank’s GDR listed on the London Stock Exchange will receive their dividend payment subsequently,” the lender said in a notice to the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
Concluding, the bank said “to enable our Registrar prepare for the payment of interim dividend, our bank’s Register of Shareholders will be closed on August 24, 2017, while the Register of GDR holders will be closed on August 18, 2017.”
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
- Jumia Employee Taking Pleasure in Meeting e-Commerce Needs of Rural Dwellers April 22, 2021
- Over 4 million Investors’ Accounts Have Incomplete KYC Data—SEC April 22, 2021
- FBNQuest Merchant Bank Offers to Help SMEs Issue CPs, Bonds April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria