By Modupe Gbadeyanka
One of the leading banks in Nigeria, Zenith Bank, has posted a profit after tax of N130 billion for the financial year ended December 31, 2016. This is against N106 it posted for 2015.
In the company’s financial result released to the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), which was analysed by Business Post, it was observed that the financial firm recorded a gross earning of N508 billion in the year under review, this was in contrast to N432.5 billion it achieved in the corresponding year, 2015.
It was further observed in the financial results that Zenith Bank recorded a profit before tax of N158 billion, compared with N126 billion it posted in the corresponding year of 2015.
However, the company has proposed a final dividend of N1.77k per share to its shareholders which in addition to the 25k per share paid as interim dividend amounts to N2.2k per share (31 Dec 2015: N1.80k per share) from the retained earnings account as at December 31, 2016.
The company this proposal will be presented to the shareholders for approval at the next Annual General Meeting.
It however said if approved, the bank will be liable to pay additional corporate tax estimated at N12.52 billion representing the difference between the tax liability calculated at 30 percent of the dividend approved and the tax charge reported in the statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income for the year ended December 31, 2016.
It noted that payment of dividends is subject to withholding tax at a rate of 10 percent in the hand of qualified recipients.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria