By Dipo Olowookere
The N7 billion bond issued recently by C&I Leasing Plc was oversubscribed by 33 percent, the company has disclosed.
The bond offering, which officially commenced on May 21, closed on June 4, 2018 and was a five-year fixed rate senior secured bond.
C&I Leasing Plc is the biggest and oldest leasing firm in Nigeria, supplying patrol boats and tugboats to Shell, Mobil, Chevron and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)’s operating unit, via long-term contracts.
Speaking recently at the signing ceremony with issuing houses, trustees and other partners, Chairman of C&I Leasing, Mr Chukwuma Okolo, said the company plans to use a significant part of the money raised from the series to finance maturing bank loans and scale up its services in the oil and gas sector.
He said further that the firm plans to use the funds raised to buy more vessels to lease to oil companies and expand its business in Ghana as Dubai-based private equity firm, Abraaj, exits.
At the monent, C&I Leasing has 23 vessels and competes with French rival, Bourbon Offshore.
The company is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and its core investors are also directors, owning 56 percent of the shares, while the rest is free-float.
“We had an extremely successful outing and had 133 percent subscription to our required N7 billion. But of course, as a disciplined company, we are accepting what we set out to raise.
“With this, the company’s debt ratio will be cut to 70 percent from 80 percent, and it will be able to redeem a $2.4 million loan we got from Aureous Capital, now part of the Abraaj Group,” Mr Okolo said.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria