By Dipo Olowookere
The management of Ellah Lakes Plc, a company which specialises in fish farming, has confirmed that it would soon complete its restructuring exercise.
According to a media release by the company, this exercise should be finalised before the end of March 31, 2019.
“Ellah Lakes Plc intends to complete the restructuring exercise within the first quarter of 2019,” the statement signed by the Company Secretary, Mr Michael Ellah, said on Wednesday.
It further said, “Following the September 27, 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Ellah Lakes to approve a private placement and its business combination with Telluria Limited, a board meeting of Ellah Lakes was held on November 29, 2018.
“As a result of the ongoing restructuring exercise, the board of directors of Ellah Lakes at the meeting held on November 29, 2018 approved a full and final settlement by the company of the N589.5 million debt owed to Chief J.W. Ellah Sons & Company Limited.
“In return for the discharge of the debt, Ellah Lakes has assigned its interest in the property lying and situated as Obrokom in Ahoada local government area of Rivers State to the lender in full and final settlement of the debt to Chief J.W. Ellah Sons & Company Limited.
“The result of this is that the lender has irrevocably and unconditionally released Ellah Lakes, its subsidiaries and all other third parties from all obligations, and this is completion of the first step in restructuring the balance sheet of Ellah Lakes.”
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
- Jumia Employee Taking Pleasure in Meeting e-Commerce Needs of Rural Dwellers April 22, 2021
- Over 4 million Investors’ Accounts Have Incomplete KYC Data—SEC April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria