By Investors Hub
European stocks have moved sharply higher on Tuesday to hit nine-week highs despite weak data and mixed earnings updates.
Regional markets followed Asian peers higher after a financial services royal commission refrained from recommending harsher measures against Australian banks.
While the U.K.?s FTSE 100 Index has jumped by 1.3 percent, the French CAC 40 Index and the German DAX Index are both up by 1 percent.
BP Plc has soared in London after the oil and gas company swung to a profit in the fourth quarter of 2018 and raised its dividend.
RhythmOne has also jumped a day after Taptica announced the acquisition of the company for $176 million in an all-stock deal.
Danish jewelry manufacturer and retailer Pandora has also spiked after announcing a two-year transformation plan.
Meanwhile, Apple supplier AMS has moved sharply lower. The company posted a sharp drop in its 2018 fourth quarter adjusted net profit and forecast a drop in revenue in the first quarter of 2019 amid weak smartphone demand.
Indivior is also posting a steep loss after an unfavorable U.S. court ruling in a case related to its best-selling opioid addiction drug Suboxone.
In economic news, investors have shrugged off data showing that growth in the eurozone nearly stalled in January. IHS Markit’s composite final PMI dipped to 51.0 in the month from December’s 51.1, hitting its lowest reading since July 2013.
A measure of eurozone retail sales also fell as expected in December amid declines in non-food sales and online purchases.
Elsewhere, U.K. service sector growth slowed more than expected in January, moving closer to stagnation, as new orders decreased for the first time in two-and-a-half years, preliminary data from IHS Markit showed.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria