By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Federal Government has constituted a committee on yam export scheme in a bid to enhance the yam value chain to make it a competitive and profitable export business in Nigeria.
The technical panel, chaired by the MD/CEO SIEA Integrated Solutions, Mr Simon Irtwange, was inaugurated on Thursday by the Minister of Agriculture, Mr Audu Ogbeh, in Abuja.
According to Mr Ogbeh, the main aim of the Yam Export Programme is to take yam production, processing and marketing in Nigeria to the next level and international best practice.
The Minister noted that the scheme will bring together major stakeholders in the yam value chain in partnership with relevant organizations with a view to repositioning the subsector to take its fair share in the global export market through compliance and Good Agricultural Practices and global standard as well as profit optimally from the huge gains of yam export.
Mr Ogbeh pointed out that Nigeria has the highest production of yam globally as attested to, by the Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) world records, at 61.7 percent, while consisting of over 60 percent varieties of in Nigeria alone.
He, however, lamented that despite the huge production, Nigeria unfortunately was not among yam exporting nations.
He urged the committee to support private sector in terms of packaging, organizing workshops for stakeholders in the value chain as well as facilitate industry visit to Ghana where necessary.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria