By Modupe Gbadeyanka
The sum of N1.7 billion has been released by the Kwara State Government for the completion of ongoing and new projects across the State.
Governor of the state, Mr Abdulfatah Ahmed, while receiving the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Sulu-Gambari at the Government House in Ilorin on Wednesday, noted that the funds will also cover outstanding payment on completed projects.
He said the funding will cater for about 54 projects across the education, energy, health, works and water sectors.
Some of the projects to be covered under the scheme, according to Commissioner for Finance in the state, Mr Demola Banu, are Micheal Imodu-Afon junction road, Oniju street babanloma, Oloro palace road, Geri-Alimi fly over bridge, college of Engineering building at KWASU and rehabilitation of Anilelerin/Agun/Ita Erin road Offa.
Other projects are rehabilitation of Oke-Opin township road, Ilorin water supply and reticulation network phase I, Arandun Rore-Ipetu Aran Orin road, Share-Oke Ode section I and II, Rehabilitation of Egbejila road, Arobadi-Magida road and Ilesha-Gwanara road.
The Governor disclosed that the released fund is expected to put more money in circulation, food on more tables and new jobs for the people.
According to him, the fund was released following the recent verification of the state’s outstanding projects and duly certified work on each project.
Related articles across the web
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- UK May Adopt Digital Currency April 19, 2021
- Leadway Assurance Seeks Cyber Insurance Acceptance April 19, 2021
- Explainer: The Controversy Around European Super League April 19, 2021
- Sub-Saharan Africa Must Embrace Data to Boost Growth—BCG April 19, 2021
- Experts to Discuss Tech, Digital Transformation at MSME Dialogue 3.0 April 19, 2021
- Ecobank Attracts Nigerians Abroad With Competitive Interest Rates April 19, 2021
- About Africa’s Overwhelming Dishonesty April 19, 2021
- 7 Top Financial Indicators You Should Monitor as a Business Owner April 19, 2021
- Arogundade Urges Companies to Emulate Rite Foods April 19, 2021
- Northern IPMAN Threatens Strike Over PEF Conflict April 19, 2021
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Brands/Products2 months ago
Unilever Sells New Closeup Variant on Jumia at Lower Prices