By Dipo Olowookere
The Executive Director and Production Manager of ExxonMobil Nigeria, Mr Richard Laing, has firmly debunked reports that the oil firm was planning to exit the country.
Mr Laing reacted to the exit rumour when Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Mr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, visited the ERHA FPSO operated by ExxonMobil Nigeria.
The ExxonMobil executive said the ERHA field is located in Oil Mining Lease (OML) 133 and ExxonMobil Nigeria holds a 56.25 percent participating interest while Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) holds the remaining 43.75 percent share.
The Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) has about 2.2 million barrels of storage capacity making it one of the largest of its kind, globally.
During the visit, the Minister the visit not only marks a defining one for the nation but also highlights a personal achievement for him considering that he took on his current portfolio from his then position as the Executive Vice Chairman of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited and General Counsel for ExxonMobil Nigeria affiliate Upstream and Downstream Companies in Nigeria.
It was disclosed that the visit to the FPSO’s was to provoke the Oil Production Fields of Nigeria to ramp up their crude production and unlock gas in line with the Gas Revolution Agenda of the #7BigWins.
While addressing key business concerns of Exxon Mobil, Mr Kachikwu urged them to not only focus on the profitability of the firm but also on giving back to the society having been doing business around the country for a long time.
He commended the crew on behalf of federal government of Nigeria for their Sacrifice, urgency of attention and value addition while conveying President Muhammadu Buhari’s deep commitment to the welfare of those on the production fields.
Mr Kachikwu name-checked the Department of Petroleum Resources’ automation initiatives that include Crude Oil and LNG Tracking (COLT), Automatic Downstream System (ADS), Accelerated Lease Renewal Program (ALRP) and others. He also referenced the community engagement drive of the organization evidenced by the peace and harmony seen in operating areas.
more recommended stories
Oando, NLNG Sign 20-Year Gas Supply Contract
By Modupe Gbadeyanka Gas supply agreements.
Pension Assets Increase by N23bn in 30 Days—PenCom
By Adedapo Adesanya The National Pension.
NGC Delves into Gas Processing to Boost Revenue
By Adedapo Adesanya The gas transportation.
FG Lauds Level of Investment at Sunti Golden Sugar Estates
By Adedapo Adesanya The sugar plan.
Dangote Visits BUA Sugar Refinery
By Dipo Olowookere Africa’s richest man,.
Nigeria’s Economic Growth, Competitiveness Depend on Infrastructure—SEC DG
**Gives FG Alternative Funding Tools for.
Stock Exchange Extends Gains by N66bn
By Dipo Olowookere Equities on the.
President Trump’s Comments Boost Oil Prices
By Adedapo Adesanya Oil prices traded.