By Dipo Olowookere
The fortunes of Northern Nigeria Flour Mills (NNFM) Plc continue to dwindle as indicated in the latest financial scorecard released by the company yesterday.
The results showed that despite an improvement in its revenue generated in the first nine months of its financial year, things are still not looking good.
NNFM declared a loss of N160.4 million loss for the nine months ended December 31, 2017 in contrast to the 38.9 million loss declared as at December 31, 2016.
Similarly, the In the period under review, the revenue significantly grew to N1.6 billion from N461.1 million, while the other operating income rose to N423.9 million from N182.4 million.
In addition, the flour miller declared an operating profit of N189.7 million in the period under consideration compared with the operating loss of N56.3 million declared 12 months earlier.
However, the company’s selling and distribution expenses jumped to N7.3 million from N2.6 million, while the administrative expenses increased to N229.8 million from N164.7 million.
In the same period, the investment income reduced to N9.3 million from N17.5 million, while the finance cost was at N359.4 million.
In the financial statements, the company explained that, “The harsh economic environment has not improved during the period, and together with higher finance costs impacted the operational profits.”
“However, management is looking at and exploring all available options to improve the performance within the last quarter of the financial year,” it added.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria