By Investors Hub
European stocks are turning in a mixed performance during trading on Friday. While the French CAC 40 Index is down by 0.1 percent, the German DAX Index and the U.K.?s FTSE 100 Index are both up by 0.4 percent.
Vestas Wind Systems A/S has fallen after its first-quarter profit declined to 102 million euros from last year’s 160 million euros.
HSBC Holdings has also tumbled after the bank’s first-quarter pre-tax profit fell 4 percent from a year ago due to higher operating expenses.
Lender BNP Paribas has moved notably lower after posting a 17 percent drop in first quarter net income on weak revenues.
Societe Generale has also moved lower. The bank reported higher first quarter profits but overall revenue at its investment banking business declined amid the low-interest rate environment.
Air France KLM shares have plunged as much as 7 percent after the airline said it expects profits to fall this year due to the effect of strikes at its main French unit.
Meanwhile, British Airways-parent IAG has jumped after its first quarter adjusted operating profit surged up 75 percent.
French electric utility EDF has also risen after it bought the Neart na Gaoithe wind farm project from global wind and solar developer Mainstream Renewable Power for Ł441 million.
Germany’s Lanxess shares have jumped after the specialty chemicals company lifted guidance for fiscal 2018 after reporting an increase in first quarter net income.
In economic news, Eurozone economic activity expanded strongly in April, but the pace of expansion slowed marginally since March, final data from IHS Markit showed.
The composite output index fell slightly to 55.1 in April from 55.2 in March. According to flash estimate, the index remained unchanged at 55.2 in April.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- UK May Adopt Digital Currency April 19, 2021
- Leadway Assurance Seeks Cyber Insurance Acceptance April 19, 2021
- Explainer: The Controversy Around European Super League April 19, 2021
- Sub-Saharan Africa Must Embrace Data to Boost Growth—BCG April 19, 2021
- Experts to Discuss Tech, Digital Transformation at MSME Dialogue 3.0 April 19, 2021
- Ecobank Attracts Nigerians Abroad With Competitive Interest Rates April 19, 2021
- About Africa’s Overwhelming Dishonesty April 19, 2021
- 7 Top Financial Indicators You Should Monitor as a Business Owner April 19, 2021
- Arogundade Urges Companies to Emulate Rite Foods April 19, 2021
- Northern IPMAN Threatens Strike Over PEF Conflict April 19, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP