By Adedapo Adesanya
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr Ibrahim Magu, has been reportedly arrested.
It was reported that Mr Magu was apprehended on Monday afternoon by officials of the Department of State Services (DSS).
According to reports, the anti-money laundering agency chief was picked up by the nation’s secret police at the Wuse II office of the EFCC in Abuja, Monday afternoon.
The convoy he was in was stopped by armed security agents and was taken away after arguments between the various security officials present, including those of Mr Magu, a report by Premium Times disclosed.
He was promptly driven to the Aso Villa where it is suspected he would appear before a panel set up by President Muhammadu Buhari to review allegations against him by the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Mr Abubakar Malami.
Mr Malami had reportedly accused Mr Magu of insubordination and re-looting some recovered funds from some corrupt government officials.
Certain sources say the arrest was over allegations that he owns four properties and that he was also transferring funds abroad through a third party.
However, there has been no official correspondence from both the DSS and the EFCC on the matter as at the time of this report.
* This is a developing story.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- UK May Adopt Digital Currency April 19, 2021
- Leadway Assurance Seeks Cyber Insurance Acceptance April 19, 2021
- Explainer: The Controversy Around European Super League April 19, 2021
- Sub-Saharan Africa Must Embrace Data to Boost Growth—BCG April 19, 2021
- Experts to Discuss Tech, Digital Transformation at MSME Dialogue 3.0 April 19, 2021
- Ecobank Attracts Nigerians Abroad With Competitive Interest Rates April 19, 2021
- About Africa’s Overwhelming Dishonesty April 19, 2021
- 7 Top Financial Indicators You Should Monitor as a Business Owner April 19, 2021
- Arogundade Urges Companies to Emulate Rite Foods April 19, 2021
- Northern IPMAN Threatens Strike Over PEF Conflict April 19, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP