By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Nigeria may be on the way to shortening its wide housing deficit with the introduction of an affordable housing scheme by one of the fastest-growing realtors and properties managers in the country, Mrs Morola Babalola.
To celebrate her birthday, Mrs Babalola unveiled her new baby christened Affordable Housing Cooperative Society (AHCS) in the presence of a few associates on Monday.
She explained that her genuine love for the masses spurred her to come up with this project so as to make low-income earners become proud homeowners and have the opportunity to live among society’s powerful people.
The CEO of Townsend Property Investment Company further explained that this scheme is a major departure from the norm, targeted at the homeless, the homeless, amongst others.
The mother of three emphasised that she is clearly bent on seeing the somewhat neglected set of people in the society like the okada riders, the petty traders, the slum residents, even students, boast of their own houses in Lagos.
Mrs Babalola further noted that her organisation would partner with cooperatives from multinationals and small and medium enterprises to make the project very successful and an enviable one in the country.
After the official unveiling of AHCS, prayers, well wishes and accolades were showered on the celebrant for her evident selfless gesture.
Friends and colleagues also told tales of Mrs Babalola’s enchanting love and attitude to humanity and raised a glass in honour of the philanthropist for her birthday.
Some of the high profiled personalities at the event were the Special Adviser to the Lagos State Governor on Housing, Ms Toke Benson-Awoyinka; Chairman of Star Petroleum, Mr Babatunde Babalola; the Managing Director/CEO of the Federal Housing Authority of Nigeria, Mr Gbenga Ashafa, Juju star, Queen Ayo Balogun; amongst others.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria