By Dipo Olowookere
For the second time in one week, Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris, has failed to appear before the Senate to answer why a member of the red chamber, Mr Dino Melaye, was allegedly manhandled by security officials some days ago.
At the plenary on Wednesday, the police chief was not present when it was time for him to appear for the grilling today.
The Senate President, Mr Bukola Saraki, had called on the Clerk to bring in the IGP into the chamber, but minutes later, he informed his colleagues that Mr Idris was not at the Senate for the questioning on the Mr Dino issue and killings in some parts of the country.
Chairman of the Senate Committee on Police, Mr Abu Ibrahim, told his colleagues that efforts to get the IGP to appear for the questioning failed and said information reaching him indicates that Mr Idris was somewhere in Kaduna attending to issues bordering on security of the nation.
However, the IGP sent a DIG to represent him, but the Senate insisted that Mr Idris must personally show up for the summon.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria