By Dipo Olowookere
The senator representing Kogi West senatorial district, Mr Dino Melaye, was on Wednesday arraigned by the police at the Chief Magistrate Court in Wuse, Abuja.
The vocal lawmaker was brought before the court for alleged criminal conspiracy, causing damage to government property, attempted suicide and escape from lawful custody.
His arraignment in court today was subsequent to his discharge from the National Hospital after he was confirmed fit for trial.
It will be recalled that, on April 24, 2018, at about 12 noon, Mr Melaye, while in lawful custody of the Nigeria Police Force and being taken for arraignment for conspiracy and unlawful possession of prohibited firearms in court in Lokoja, Kogi State from Abuja, allegedly escaped from lawful custody when hoodlums and miscreants in two Toyota Hilux vehicles blocked the police vehicle conveying him around Area 1 Round About, Abuja and in the process the Senator allegedly broke the side glass of the vehicle and jumped out of the Police bus through the window and was rescued from the policemen by hoodlums and miscreants to an unknown destination before he was rearrested at Zankli Hospital in Abuja later in the day on same date.
However, after the court granted the lawmaker bail today, the police re-arrested Mr Melaye for the pending offences of criminal conspiracy and unlawful possession of prohibited firearms already filed in a court of competent jurisdiction in Lokoja for which the police said he will be arraigned without further delay.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- UK May Adopt Digital Currency April 19, 2021
- Leadway Assurance Seeks Cyber Insurance Acceptance April 19, 2021
- Explainer: The Controversy Around European Super League April 19, 2021
- Sub-Saharan Africa Must Embrace Data to Boost Growth—BCG April 19, 2021
- Experts to Discuss Tech, Digital Transformation at MSME Dialogue 3.0 April 19, 2021
- Ecobank Attracts Nigerians Abroad With Competitive Interest Rates April 19, 2021
- About Africa’s Overwhelming Dishonesty April 19, 2021
- 7 Top Financial Indicators You Should Monitor as a Business Owner April 19, 2021
- Arogundade Urges Companies to Emulate Rite Foods April 19, 2021
- Northern IPMAN Threatens Strike Over PEF Conflict April 19, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP