Connect with us

General

Chain Reactions to Release 2020 Edelman Trust Barometer Report Tuesday

Published

on

2019 Edelman Trust Barometer

By Dipo Olowookere

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020, by 3pm, the 2020 Edelman Trust Barometer survey report would be unveiled virtually by one of Nigeria’s leading Public Relations and Integrated Communications Consulting firms, Chain Reactions Nigeria.

The Edelman Trust Barometer is the annual global trust and credibility survey conducted by Edelman Intelligence, the independent research arm of the Edelman global network testing how well people trust the institutions of government, business, media and non-governmental organisations to do what is right.

Chain Reactions is the exclusive Nigerian affiliate and West Africa’s Preferred Partner of Edelman, the world’s largest PR firm with presence in more than 60 countries across the globe.

This is the fourth time Chain Reactions is facilitating the launch of the global report in Nigeria.

Since 2001, Edelman has measured trust in these four critical institutions of society across 28 countries, with supplementary data for Nigeria shared for the first time in 2018.

The supplementary data for Nigeria was on the heels of the significant impressions recorded in 2017 when Chain Reactions hosted the presentation of the 17th edition of the annual global survey, as well as the supplementary Nigeria data, in Lagos, the first time in the history of Nigeria and since the global study was established in 2001.

It was gathered that this year’s survey conducted by Edelman Intelligence between October 19 and November 18, 2019, sampled more than 34,000 respondents across 28 countries.

The company has opted for the virtual presentation of the report this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The presentation will be done by the Chief Executive Officer of Edelman Africa, Mr Jordan Rittenberry, at a virtual conference on Zoom. This session will also discuss more recent findings on how the Coronavirus pandemic has affected trust levels across institutions.

According to Mr Rittenberry, “It will be my pleasure to present the global 2020 Edelman Trust Barometer report to Nigerians on Tuesday.

“Though I would have loved to be present in-person like last year, the COVID-19 pandemic has denied me that opportunity.

“Nonetheless, I look forward to sharing our research on the levels of trust in the four main institutions: government, business, media and non-governmental institutions.

“I’m sure it’s going to be an exciting session as we look at this impact on critical stakeholders and the changing expectations that the COVID-19 pandemic is having on business recovery.”

Speaking on the event themed Competence and Ethics the Managing Director/Chief Strategist of Chain Reactions Nigeria, Mr Israel Jaiye Opayemi, said the presentation is essential to ascertain the level of trust quotients of the four institutions as well as their conformity to ethical practices.

“Increasingly, we are beginning to see that people now look out for both competence and ethical standards in leaders in governments, businesses, media and non-governmental organisations.

“It is not just enough for a leader to be ethical; we are beginning to see that competence is also in necessary quality. The insight we will share from this survey will help managers of these four institutions strengthen them for good,” Mr Opayemi said.

An all-female panel drawn from government, media, business and civil society will critically analyse the survey report and its implications for Nigeria in line with the theme.

Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Social Protection, Mrs Maryam Uwais; Director, Public Affairs, Lafarge Plc, Folashade Ambrose Medebem; Director of News at TVC, Ms Stella Din Jacobs; and the Convener, Enough is Enough, Ms Yemi Adamolekun, will discuss the report in details.

Dipo Olowookere is a journalist based in Nigeria that has passion for reporting business news stories. At his leisure time, he watches football and supports 3SC of Ibadan. Mr Olowookere can be reached via [email protected]

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

General

Nigerian Bottling Company Bridges Education, Employability Gap

Published

on

Nigerian Bottling Company UNILAG

By Modupe Gbadeyanka

The Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC) has reaffirmed its determination to bridge the gap between education and employability in the country by sustaining its flagship Youth Empowered (YE) programme.

This initiative provides hands-on learning, real-world insights, and access to career-shaping opportunities to young Nigerians.

The 2026 edition of the scheme commenced on February 2 at the University of Lagos (UNILAG), with participants mainly young people between the ages of 16 and 35.

A statement from the organisation said this year’s rollout will expand to more tertiary institutions, including the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA). This follows a successful 2025 tour that reached seven cities across the country, including Makurdi, Jos, Benin, Kaduna, Asaba, Akure, and Port Harcourt.

Participants in the 2026 programme will receive training across key modules designed to support personal, professional, and business growth, including Business Life Skills, Adaptability and Resilience, Financial Literacy, Customer Service and Communication, Sales and Negotiation Skills, and Workplace Ethics.

The sessions will also feature breakout workshops on Business Planning, Project Management, and Time Management, alongside the Director’s Grant Pitch Competition, where participants can pitch their ideas for a chance to win business funding.

In addition to skills development, NBC’s People and Culture team will be present throughout the programme to identify outstanding talent for future opportunities within the organisation, further strengthening the connection between learning, employment, and long-term career growth.

One of the participants at the UNILAG training, Waliat Adedogun, who received a cash grant through the Director’s Grant Pitch Competition to support her small business, said: “Youth Empowered gave me more than training; it gave me clarity and confidence. Winning the grant means I can finally take my business idea from a dream into something real. I now feel prepared to build, grow, and create opportunities not just for myself, but for others too.”

Since its launch in 2017, the scheme has impacted more than 70,000 young Nigerians, equipping participants with practical skills, confidence, and exposure needed to succeed in today’s dynamic workplace and entrepreneurial landscape.

This year’s programme is being delivered in collaboration with Fate Foundation as the implementing partner, with funding support from The Coca-Cola HBC Foundation.

Last year, 10 beneficiaries were selected for six-month paid internships across NBC locations in Lagos, Ibadan, Asejire, and Challawa, gaining direct industry exposure.

Additionally, three outstanding participants received sponsorship for an all-expenses-paid intensive culinary training programme and were awarded N1 million each to support the launch of their businesses.

Continue Reading

General

INEC Fixes February 20 for 2027 Presidential, NASS Elections

Published

on

Incorruptible INEC Chairman

By Modupe Gbadeyanka

The 2027 presidential and National Assembly elections will take place on Saturday, February 20, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has revealed.

In a notice for the 2027 general polls issued on Friday, the electoral umpire also disclosed that the governorship and state assembly elections for next year would be on Saturday, March 6.

Speaking at a news briefing in Abuja today, the chairman of INEC, Mr Joash Amupitan, expressed the readiness of the commission to conduct the polls next year, which is 12 months away.

The timetable issued by the organisation for the polls comes when the federal parliament has yet to transmit the amended electoral bill to President Bola Tinubu for assent.

This week, the Senate passed the electoral bill, reducing the notice of elections from 360 days to 180 days, while the transmission of results was mandated with a proviso.

Recall that on February 4, INEC said it was ready to go ahead with preparations for the elections despite the delay in the passage of the amended electoral law of 2022.

Continue Reading

General

NGIC Pipeline Network to Experience 4-Day Gas Supply Shortage

Published

on

NGIC Pipeline Network

By Modupe Gbadeyanka

The pipeline network of the NNPC Gas Infrastructure Company Limited (NGIC) will witness a temporary reduction in gas supply for four days.

This information was revealed by the Chief Corporate Communications Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited, Mr Andy Odeh, in a statement on Thursday night.

A key supplier of gas into the NGIC pipeline network is Seplat Energy Plc, a joint venture partner of the state-owned oil agency.

It was disclosed that the facility would undergo routine maintenance from Thursday. February 12 to Sunday, February 15, 2026.

The NNPC stated that, “This planned activity forms part of standard industry safety and asset integrity protocols designed to ensure the continued reliability, efficiency, and safe operation of critical gas infrastructure.”

“Periodic maintenance of this nature is essential to sustain optimal system performance, strengthen operational resilience, and minimise the risk of unplanned outages,” it added.

“During the four-day maintenance period, there will be a temporary reduction in gas supply into the NGIC pipeline network. As a result, some power generation companies reliant on this supply may experience reduced gas availability, which could modestly impact electricity generation levels within the timeframe.

“NNPC Ltd and Seplat Energy are working closely to ensure that the maintenance is executed safely and completed as scheduled. In parallel, NNPC Gas Marketing Limited (NGML) is engaging alternative gas suppliers to mitigate anticipated supply gaps and maintain stability across the network,” the statement further said.

“Upon completion of the maintenance exercise, full gas supply into the NGIC system is expected to resume promptly, enabling affected power generation companies to return to normal operations,” it concluded.

Continue Reading

Trending