By Okechukwu Keshi Ukegbu
The Abia State government has received Polymerise Chain Reaction (PCR) machine and other equipment from Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) to boost the state government’s fight against Coronavirus pandemic.
At the moment, the polymerise chain reaction and antibody testing are the dominant ways global healthcare systems are testing citizens for COVID-19.
Polymerise chain reaction amplifies a segment of DNA using PCR machine. The sample is first heated for the DNA to denature or separate into two pieces of single-stranded DNA.
According to SPDC, the state has recorded laudable efforts since the inception of the pandemic by enlightening its citizens on the precautionary measures stipulated by the National Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC).
The acting Governor of the state, Ude Oko Chukwu, on behalf of the Governor, Mr Okezie Ikpeazu, said that the state has done its best despite recording high cases by procuring the necessary equipment such as the three molecular testing laboratories, which when installed, would trigger massive testing of Abians at state and local levels.
While describing the relationship between the state and SPDC as cordial, the acting Governor noted that the gesture from the oil giant would further boost the state’s fight against the pandemic .
Earlier, the Managing Director of SPDC, Dr Osagie Okunbor, who was represented by the External Relations Manager, Dr Anyim Chibuzor, said that the donations were informed by the company’s desire for the state to fight the pandemic effectively.
Other items received include test kits, surgical face mask, single use aprons, disposable hi-tech overall, swap kits, among others.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria