By Modupe Gbadeyanka
The 2019 edition of the Rugby Africa Silver Cup earlier scheduled to take place in Lagos has been cancelled by the organisers.
A statement from the Nigeria Rugby Football Federation (NRFF) at the weekend explained that the cancellation became imminent following Kwese Sports premature termination of sponsorship contract leaving Rugby Africa without adequate funding for the year 2019.
President of the Rugby Africa, Mr Khaled Babbou, has already notified unions on the decision of Rugby Africa executives to cancel this year’s Silver Cup.
According to the NRFF, the competition was due to hold at the Lagos Polo Club, Ikoyi in Lagos Nigeria.
The Silver Cup Pool A was scheduled to be played among Nigeria, Ghana, Madagascar and Botswana whilst Pool B was to be played between Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Mauritius and Rwanda.
“Kwese Sports are Rugby Africa’s leading partner. Rugby Africa will advise on alternative format if feasible,” the statement said.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
- Jumia Employee Taking Pleasure in Meeting e-Commerce Needs of Rural Dwellers April 22, 2021
- Over 4 million Investors’ Accounts Have Incomplete KYC Data—SEC April 22, 2021
- FBNQuest Merchant Bank Offers to Help SMEs Issue CPs, Bonds April 22, 2021
- Sparkle Nigeria Introduces SMS Alert Fees April 22, 2021
- Keystone Bank Teaches Nigerian Students Financial Literacy April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria