By Adedapo Adesanya
The Vice President of Nigeria, Mr Yemi Osinbajo, will on Thursday join the Ogun State Governor, Mr Dapo Abiodun, to flag off a digital empowerment scheme in Abeokuta, the state capital.
Tagged Ogun State Digital Economic Empowerment Project, it is a plan of the state government, being organized by the Bureau of Information Technology in conjunction with 21st Century Technologies.
In a press release signed by the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to the Governor, Mr Kunle Somore, the Director of Information Technology in the Bureau, Mrs Olatundun Adekunte, was quoted as saying that the event will hold at the Ogun Tech-Hub on Kobape Road, Abeokuta at 11 a.m.
According to the release, the project is aimed at providing internet access to indigenes and residents of the state and its environs in order to enhance the lives and businesses of the people.
The release further stated that other special guests such as the Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Godwin Emefiele; Ministers, Stakeholders, Royal Fathers will grace the occasion.
It added that the project would enable the people to meet up with the best global practices in the present digital era.
The President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has reiterated its effort to drive technological growth across the country.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- FG Launches System to Register Phones to Tackle Theft May 13, 2021
- Premier League Agrees £5bn TV Broadcast Deal Extension May 13, 2021
- Firm Unveils Insurance Cover for Tricycle Riders May 13, 2021
- Insecurity: Buhari Begs Nigerians for More Understanding May 13, 2021
- HP Extends Digital Partner Programme to Global Retailers May 13, 2021
- DMO, Investors Prepare for N150bn Bond Sale May 19 May 13, 2021
- Eid al-Fitr: Akande-Sadipe Tasks Muslims on Peace, Love May 13, 2021
- Companies Pay N392.8bn Income Tax to Government in Q1 2021 May 13, 2021
- Bitcoin Slides as Elon Musk’s Tesla Suspends Acceptance for Purchase May 13, 2021
- Brent Hits $69 Amidst Positive Economic, Demand Forecasts May 13, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria