Best Hospitals for Thymus Cancer Worldwide
According to the American Association of Oncologists, thymus cancer is rare and accounts for about 0.5% of all tumors. The illness does not show any signs at the initial stage but, at the same time, has a high potential for malignancy. It is characterized by rapid growth and metastasis.
Over the years, we have accumulated statistics on the leading hospitals in Europe and the US for treating thymus cancer. And we can recommend to patients exactly where they will be treated most effectively. So keep reading, and we will share with you the necessary information.
Criteria for selecting the best hospitals for thymus cancer
Not only an error-free diagnosis and the results of further treatment but sometimes life itself depends on the correct choice of the treatment center and attending physician. Therefore, it is necessary to collect all possible information in order not to be disappointed in the chosen hospital in the future:
- Hospitals specialization. It is essential in the treatment of advanced cases of thymus cancer.
- It is necessary to look at clinic articles, scientific developments, and the introduction of various treatment methods for thymus cancer.
- Information about oncologists and thoracic surgeons who work in this hospital.
- It would be good to get acquainted with the reviews of specialists in this field but not working in this clinic.
- It is advisable to choose several hospitals and compare them.
- The second opinion is an opportunity to verify the accuracy of the diagnosis, to hear an alternative point of view of an experienced specialist, or to learn about alternative treatment options.
Finding a hospital with the online service AiroMedical is fast, simple, and effective. It is enough to specify the doctor’s specialty or the disease’s symptoms in the search bar to find the right specialist. Then, in a few seconds, the system will provide you with a relevant list of the hospitals.
Top hospitals for thymus cancer treatment in the United States
University Hospitals Michigan Ann Arbor
Langone Hospital New York
Wisconsin University Hospitals Madison
Benefits of Medical Treatment in the US
Several essential advantages of the list of hospitals in the US:
- Reliable diagnosis, the accuracy of which determines the choice of a treatment plan and the effectiveness of the procedures.
- Hybrid operating rooms, the latest microsurgical and minimally invasive operations equipment.
- World-class thoracic surgeons who are proficient in all modern methods.
Top hospitals for thymus cancer treatment in Europe
University Hospital Frankfurt, Germany
Marien Hospital Marl, Germany
Teknon Medical Centre, Spain
Anadolu Medical Centre, Turkey
Benefits of medical treatment in Europe
European medicine offers the most current opportunities for timely thymus cancer detection and comprehensive diagnosis. Treatment in hospitals in Europe is also:
- World leadership in the number of scientific papers and discoveries in medicine.
- Use of unique developments and author’s methods.
- Careful monitoring of compliance with international standards at all stages of manipulation.
Top hospitals for thymus cancer treatment in Poland
Medicover Hospital Warsaw
European Health Center Otwock
Gamma Knife Exira Center Katowice
Benefits of medical treatment in Poland
Advantages of Polish cancer treatment:
- Fast and accurate examination, low-traumatic technologies.
- Complex treatment, including thymus surgery, chemo, and radiotherapy.
- Remote consultations with doctors after completion of therapy.
Top hospitals for thymus cancer treatment in Italy
University Hospital San Raffaele Milan
European Oncology Institute Milan
Agostino Gemelli University Policlinic Rome
Benefits of medical treatment in Italy
A whole list of hospitals in Italy has such advantages:
- The best doctors with extensive experience treating thymus tumors.
- Diagnostics are carried out on innovative equipment that provides 100% accuracy of results.
- Healthcare costs are more affordable than in America, and the quality is not inferior.
Top hospitals for thymus cancer treatment in Germany
Helios Clinic Berlin-Buch
University Hospital Charite
University Hospital Heidelberg
Benefits of medical treatment in Germany
Several advantages of hospitals in Germany:
- Hybrid operating rooms, robot-assisted surgery.
- Close cooperation of German thoracic surgeons with many narrow specialists.
- Pediatric thoracic surgeons and oncologists are at the disposal of young patients.
Best thymus cancer doctors worldwide
The best doctors in thymus cancer treatment:
Prof. Dr. med. Maximilian Bockhorn
Dr. med. habil. Krzysztof Wrobel
Prof. Dr. Thomas Vogl
Prof. Dr. Hans Hoffmann
Prof. Dr. Helmut Friess
Best treatment solutions for treating thymus cancer
Doctors of the best hospitals in the US and Europe treat thymus cancer using conservative methods and surgically, taking advantage of the latest oncology achievements that allow achieving success in more than 90% of cases. You can read more about each treatment method for thymus cancer on our website.
Here we will mention only a few:
- Da Vinci’s robotic thymectomy. Minimally invasive surgery through four small incisions for the video camera and the robot’s “hands.” The system provides an accurate 3D image of the operating field and the accuracy of movements inaccessible to humans.
- Ablation. A needle-like electrode is inserted into the patient, and an electric current is applied. It leads to a local increase in tissue temperature and the destruction of cancer cells.
- Brachytherapy. It is the irradiation of the tumor with radioactive isotopes from the inside. Unique seeds with an active substance are injected directly into the cancer tissue with the help of endoscopic equipment.
- Targeted therapy. Angiogenesis inhibitors (drugs that prevent the formation of blood vessels) and growth factor inhibitors are most often used.
How to get treatment in the best clinics for thymus cancer
Some diagnoses divide a person’s life into “before” and “after.” You can’t be prepared for them; they sound unfair and scary. Every day in our work, we encounter people tired of endless, fruitless trips to doctors who have almost lost hope of recovery. And how nice it is to see how people’s attitudes to life change after the first positive treatment results.
The AiroMedical project aims to help people who are faced with thymus cancer. On our platform, you will find:
- Consultations of leading oncologists, information about the features of diagnosis and thymus cancer treatment.
- Hospital contacts and appointments for diagnostics and treatment without queues and tedious waiting.
- New therapy methods are used only in a few cancer centers.
Treating thymus cancer with AiroMedical is an opportunity to entrust your health to the best oncologist, constantly improving their professional skills. So leave us a request and get a personalized treatment program.
- Semenchuk O. Thymus cancer treatment. AiroMedical. Updated January, 2023. https://airomedical.com/search/thymus-cancer-tymoma
- Kyiashko D. Thymus cancer guide. AiroMedical. Updated March 22, 2023. https://airomedical.com/blogs/disease-guides/thymus-cancer-guide
- Yuan Z., Gao S., Mu J., Xue Q., Mao Y. Long-term outcomes of 307 patients after complete thymoma resection. National library of medicine. Published May 15, 2017. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5433013/
Leave a Reply
Subsidy Removal: CNG at N130 Per Litre Cheaper Than Petrol—IPMAN
By Adedapo Adesanya
The Independent Petroleum Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has advised Nigerians to begin to look into the direction of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) as an alternative energy source to cushion the effect of subsidy removal.
The National President of IPMAN, Mr Chinedu Okorokwo, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Wednesday, as the federal government continues its dialogue with the organised labour over the hike in the price of premium motor spirit (PMS), otherwise known as petrol.
On May 29, 2023, during his inaugural speech, President Bola Tinubu said the payment of subsidy for fuel had ended because there was no provision for it in the 2023 budget beyond June 30.
His announcement triggered the hoarding of fuel by marketers, and when the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited increased the price of the product across its retail outlets, prices of food, transportation and services went up, forcing the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) to threaten a nationwide strike, which was supposed to start today but was stopped by the National Industrial Court.
At a meeting on Monday night between the government and the labour unions, it was agreed that the adoption of CNG as an alternative fuel would be the best option, and it was agreed that the CNG conversion programme earlier planned in 2021 should be revived.
CNG, which is a gas mainly composed of methane and produces less emission, is the cleanest burning fuel operating today with less vehicle maintenance and longer engine life.
In the interview with NAN, Mr Okoronkwo said bringing CNG, which was cheaper than even firewood, as an alternative energy, would create relief for the government and its citizens.
“We have also discovered that bringing an alternative that is cheaper than even firewood which is CNG, will not only create relief for the government and its citizens but it is environmentally friendly.
“The CNG is abundantly available in Nigeria than anywhere in Africa.
“In the Niger Delta region, you see billions of tonnes of gas flare being wasted daily, these are huge amounts that should be accruing to our GDP, but we are wasting it because there is no market for it.
“So, we are asking the government to create the market. How do you create the market?
“What Egypt and India did was to give soft loans to be paid back within stipulated periods; from there, you can get vehicles to use gas instead of fuel,” he said.
“There’s a franchise for the bottling of CNG so that an average woman in the kitchen can use it,’’ he added, noting that the introduction of CNG would cushion the effect occasioned by the high price of fuel currently as a litre of CNG would not cost more than N130.
He advised that repairing the local refineries as well would reduce the impact of the removal as it would eliminate the cost of importation and exportation.
Nigeria Upgrades Tax-to-GDP Ratio to 10.86% From 6%
By Modupe Gbadeyanka
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has disclosed that Nigeria’s tax to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) ratio has been upwardly reviewed to 10.86 per cent from the 6 per cent earlier reported to reflect better data sources and improved estimation using the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) manual.
The OECD manual is an improvement over the System of National Accounts (SNA 2008) classification of taxes.
Although the System of National Accounts conceptual framework and its definitions of the various sectors of the economy are reflected in the OECD’s classification of taxes, the OECD classifications provide the maximum disaggregation of statistical data on what is generally regarded as taxes by tax administrations.
In a disclosure, the statistics office said the country’s total tax revenue compared with its GDP was at that level in 2021, higher than 8.40 per cent in 2020, which was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In the previous year, the ratio was 10.20 per cent, marginally lower than the 10.36 per cent recorded in 2018 but higher than the 9.02 per cent in 2017.
The NBS said the revised computation considered more comprehensive coverage of data at the federal, state, and local government levels and revenue items not previously included in the computations, particularly relevant revenue collected by other government agencies.
The review of the tax-to-GDP ratio was initiated by the Federal Inland Revenue Service, which collaborated with the Federal Ministry of Finance and the NBS for better measurement of the ratio.
The data used were sourced from the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF), FIRS, NBS, the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), the Joint Tax Board (JTB), and other relevant agencies of government that collect revenue.
VFD Group to Join Nigerian Exchange After Exit From NASD
By Adedapo Adesanya
VFD Group Plc has announced its intention to list its shares on the Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX) after leaving the NASD Over-the-Counter Securities Exchange, where it has been trading its stocks for the past three years.
This development, according to analysts, is a strategic move that would allow the company to gain access to public equity markets, increase its visibility, and strengthen its financial position.
VFD Group Plc is a leading proprietary investment company with a proven track record of generating attractive returns for its investors through a variety of investment strategies.
The company has a diverse portfolio of investments in various sectors, including banking, technology, media, energy, and real estate. The group has been listed on the NASD OTC Securities Exchange since 2020.
Speaking on this big step, Mr Nonso Okpala, Group Managing Director of VFD Group, stated, “We are excited to take this next step in the evolution of our company.”
“Listing on a major stock exchange will give us access to a larger pool of investors, enhance our profile, and provide superior returns to our investors,” he added.
With the intention of listing on the NGX, the company will delist from the NASD and is subject to regulatory approvals and market conditions.
VFD Group noted that it would provide additional updates as the listing process progresses.
At the close of business on Tuesday, the securities of the organisation closed on the NASD OTC exchange at N244.88 per unit, the same rate they finished in the preceding trading session.
Business Post reports that the NASD was created to provide an avenue for public companies to transition smoothly into the country’s main stock exchange.
However, it has witnessed the movement of firms from the NGX to the NASD, especially due to the very strict regulatory requirements by the former.
Latest News on Business Post
- Subsidy Removal: CNG at N130 Per Litre Cheaper Than Petrol—IPMAN June 7, 2023
- THF Secures $50 for Innovative Healthcare Models in Africa June 7, 2023
- Nigeria Upgrades Tax-to-GDP Ratio to 10.86% From 6% June 7, 2023
- Tinubu Swears in George Akume As SGF June 7, 2023
- Union Bank’s αlpher, Chrystallis Promote Women Empowerment June 7, 2023
- Civil Society Engagement at Core of US-African Relations in Multipolar World June 7, 2023
- Bolt, Uber Drivers Stop Work Over Hike in Petrol Prices June 7, 2023
- Edo Raises Minimum Wage by 33% to N40000, Slashes Work Days to Three June 7, 2023
- South Africa Faces Deep-Seated Economic, Energy Crisis June 7, 2023
- FG Ratifies Six Maritime Conventions, Protocols June 7, 2023
Pingback: Best Hospitals for Thymus Cancer Worldwide – African Budget Bureau