By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr Audu Ogbeh, has disclosed that the Federal Government was working hard to ensure farmers in the country get loan at a single interest rate.
Mr Ogbeh made this disclosure on Saturday when he had a chat with social media influencers in Abuja.
At the meeting, the Minister advised youths in the country to embrace agriculture as he announced that the present administration would soon launch the ‘Invent Your Future’ programme.
During the interactive session with the team of social media influencers, the Minister said farming was more profitable than other investments.
He said farming was also able to satisfy the urgent need of Nigeria, stressing that the government was putting the right mechanisms in place in order to feed its teeming population expected to hit 450 million in the next 33 years.
Mr Ogbeh said, “If you have a piece of land, go into plantations such as banana, cashew nuts, coconut, plantain, sesame seeds, gum Arabic among other crops.”
The Minister noted that the average age of a farmer in Nigeria is 65 years old and said the Federal Government was taking proactive measures to mechanize agriculture by bringing in modern technology to attract young farmers into the sector.
Mr Ogbeh said government was aware of the various challenges facing the sector, including the high rate of interest rate by commercial banks.
However, he assured that government was working towards achieving a single digit interest rate loan for Nigerian farmers.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria