By Modupe Gbadeyanka
A company known as Popular Farms & Mills Nigeria Limited has laid the foundation for 44,000 MTs per year Sesame Processing Plant at its Challawa Unit in Kano State.
The foundation laying is coming after the same firm on Thursday, April 11, 2019, commissioned a strategic multi-billion Naira Rice Mill expansion of 140,000 MTs per year milling capacity in the state.
Speaking at the ceremony, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr Audu Ogbeh, represented by a director in the Ministry in Kano State, Mr Mohammed Adamu Muneer, commended the investors for their ingenuity and contributions not only to the agricultural sector in Nigeria but also for the efforts and commitment to reducing unemployment and empower farmers, pledging the ministry’s commitment to continue to support the initiative.
“What we saw today is in line with the federal government’s policy of self-sufficiency in rice production,” Mr Ogbeh said.
On the challenge posed by rice smuggling, he assured that “government at all levels was working on several options, including diplomacy, towards curbing the menace”.
Other dignitaries represented at the event included the Emir of Kano, Mr Sanusi Lamido Sanusi II, represented by Mr Yusuf Ibrahim Madakin; the Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emefiele, represented by a director, Mr Hassan Tom; Kebbi State Governor, represented by the Permanent Secretary, Kebbi State Ministry of Agriculture.
Also in attendance was Mrs Kupoluyi among other dignitaries. Representatives of Rice Cooperatives and Supply Chain partners I the Agricultural sector also witnessed the event.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria