By Cowry Asset
In the just concluded week, the local currency was unchanged at the Investors & Exporters Forex Window (I&E FXW) at N360.32.
Also, the Interbank Foreign Exchange market Naira/Dollar rate remained unchanged at N355.78/$ amid weekly injections of $210 million by CBN into the foreign exchange market via the Secondary
Market Intervention Sales (SMIS) of which: $100 million was allocated to Wholesale SMIS, $55 million was allocated to Small and Medium Scale Enterprises and $55 million was sold for invisibles.
Similarly, Naira was flattish against US dollar at both the Bureau De Change (BDC) and the parallel (black) market segments at N358/$ and N360/$ respectively.
Meanwhile, the Naira/USD exchange rate moved in different directions across the foreign exchange forward contracts – 1 month, 2 months and 12 months rates rose (i.e. Naira lost) by 0.04%, 0.02% and 0.08% to close at N363.11/$, N365.99/$ and N403.90/$ respectively.
On the flip side, 3 months and 6 months rates fell (i.e. Naira gained) by 0.06% and 0.10% to close at N368.96/$ and N380.99/$ respectively.
In the new week, we expect stability in the Naira/Dollar rate in most market segments, especially at the BDC Segment, as CBN sustains its special interventions.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria