By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Various strategic decisions taken by the management of NEM Insurance Plc paid off for the company, leading to a growth in the firm’s revenue and profit in the first six months of 2017.
NEM Insurance Plc is a leading insurance company in Nigeria with strong International and local partners.
During the period under review, the firm, which has its headquarters in Lagos, grew its net premium income to N4.36 billion from N3.74 billion a year ago.
In addition, investment income closed at N261 million as at June 30, 2017, in contrast to N179 million as at June 30, 2016.
Furthermore, the gross premium earned in the period under review was N6.5 billion versus N4.9 billion 12 months ago.
During the first six months of this year too, the company declared a profit before tax of N1.5 billion against N1.3 billion in the corresponding period of last year, while its profit after tax stood at N1.3 billion compared with N1.1 billion in the first six months of last year.
NEM Insurance Plc started insurance business in Nigeria in 1948 through the agency of Edward Turner & Co. It became a Nigerian branch of NEM General Insurance Association Limited of London in 1965.
The company offers insurance services spread across different sectors.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria