By Dipo Oloeookere
Shareholders of Prestige Assurance Plc have been assured of payment of dividend for the 2018 financial year.
This assurance was given by Managing Director of the insurer, Mr Balla Swammy, at the company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) held recently in Lagos.
Mr Swammy explained that the dividend should be paid to shareholders next year for the 2018 business year because the firm, in 2017, cleared the accumulated loss for year 2015 and 2016.
He said last year, Prestige Assurance raised its earnings per share to N9.90k from N4.13k, while the profit after tax increased to N532 million from N222 million in 2016, representing 140 percent growth.
He further said last year, the insurance firm posted a Gross Written Premium of N3.809 million compared with N2.614 million recorded in 2016.
Mr Swammy attributed this growth of the premium to the relocation of the Abuja, Ikeja (Lagos) and Kano branches to profitable centres.
According to him, the action, which resulted in increase in the premium generated by the branches, also boosted the profit after tax.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
- Jumia Employee Taking Pleasure in Meeting e-Commerce Needs of Rural Dwellers April 22, 2021
- Over 4 million Investors’ Accounts Have Incomplete KYC Data—SEC April 22, 2021
- FBNQuest Merchant Bank Offers to Help SMEs Issue CPs, Bonds April 22, 2021
- Sparkle Nigeria Introduces SMS Alert Fees April 22, 2021
- Keystone Bank Teaches Nigerian Students Financial Literacy April 22, 2021
- Nigeria Borrows N274.5bn from Local Investors at Over 13% April 22, 2021
- Government Seals Kaduna Electric over N464.1m Tax April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria