By Dipo Olowookere
Controversial football coach, Mr Jose Mourinho, will return to Italy for a second spell to coach AS Roma for next season.
The Serie A top-flight football outfit confirmed the appointment of the Portuguese coach on Tuesday in a post via its official Twitter handle.
“The club are delighted to announce an agreement has been reached with Jose Mourinho for him to become our new head coach ahead of the 2021-22 season,” AS Roma said.
Mr Mourinho, who is fondly called the Special One, had his first stint in Italy at Inter Milan, where he helped the club to win the league and the Champions League.
He left the country in 2010 to take up a job at Real Madrid of Spain, where he won titles with the club before he left for England.
Mr Mourinho has coached FC Porto in Portugal, Chelsea of England, Manchester United of England and Tottenham Hotspur of England, his last club before his Roma appointment.
He will be expected to take AS Roma to glory and possibly battle to snatch the Scudetto from Antonio Conte, who won it with Inter Milan over the weekend.
The Portuguese and Italian met in England when Mr Conte managed Chelsea before he returned to his home country to coach Inter.
Incidentally, AS Roma will host Manchester United this week in the second leg of the Europa League semi-final clash. The English team won the first leg by 6-2.
Unfortunately, Mr Mourinho will not be in charge of the match as his appointment takes effect from the 2021/2022 season.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- 11 Plc (Mobil Oil) Finally Quits Stock Exchange May 8, 2021
- NGX Index Rises 0.21% as Investors Patronise Value Stocks May 8, 2021
- Fresh Optimism Lifts Oil Market into Positive Territory May 8, 2021
- Moody’s Fears First Bank Financial Health Could be at Risk May 8, 2021
- CSCS Fixes May 18 for 27th AGM in Lagos May 8, 2021
- Super League: UEFA Sanctions Manchester United, Others May 7, 2021
- Union Bank CEO Buys Additional Shares Amidst Acquisition Rumour May 7, 2021
- Ex-Minister Mama Taraba Dies in Egypt May 7, 2021
- Heritage Bank, RTEAN Unveil Insurance Scheme for Travellers May 7, 2021
- NGX Praises Transcorp Hotels Efforts to Boost Investor Confidence May 7, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology5 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Economy2 months ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
Feature/OPED2 months ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria