By Ebitonye Akpodigha
Wanted Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, has resurfaced in a new video posted on YouTube on Sunday, September 25, 2016.
Mr Shekau said in the 40-minute video that he was still alive, rubbishing claims by the Nigerian military that he was killed during an airstrike.
On August 23, the Nigerian Army had claimed that Mr Shekau had been fatally wounded in the shoulder during an air raid in which several commanders were killed.
On September 13, 2016, the group released a video where it threatened to capture President Muhammadu Buhari.
It also said it was ready to swap the over 200 abducted schoolgirls in Chibok in 2014 for their captured fight. The video, which had a man speak, claimed he was directed by Mr Shekau record the visuals.
This fuelled speculations that the embattled jihadist leader was actually killed.
But in the Sunday’s video, Mr Shekau laughed at the Nigerian military’s claim, describing it as a pure lie.
“You have been spreading in the social media that you injured or killed me.
“Oh tyrants, I’m in a happy state, in good health and in safety,” he said.